The Official Tour of Britain Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
As CC will be covering every stage of this Years race, is it worth having a thread where everyone can post the pics of their relevant stages?

If so, hopefully this thread will blossom, if not it'll die out like so many of my others.............:tongue:

We were at the KOM stage, where the road deviated ever so slightly uphill. Not quite TdeF standards, but it was great to watch a race in the flesh :biggrin:

So, here's my Stage 1 pics:

(53miles, 10 laps)

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

DSC_0464-1.jpg

DSC_0477-1.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Great photos...I couldn't make it in the end so good to see the photos!! Got the Digibox all set up to tape though...

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Highlights are on ITV4 8:00-9:00pm today

Thanks Cathryn, shame you couldn't make it. I've got loads more photo's, but these seemed about the best. Most of them were in the rain and just looked gloomy.

The South Australian team kit was fantastic :tongue:

mondobongo

Über Member
Nice pics guys. Enjoyed watching todays stage earlier more exciting than the Vuelta.

So ifs it the official thread are we going to have a bit of winner predicting?

Mortiroloboy

Stage two, Milton-Keynes to Newbury. My wife took this at the finish village, Bradley Wiggins in Victoria Park Newbury, she also got his autograph and (full) team bidon, full of Brads Rego, he also threw out two empties which she also managed to get :sad:
I was Marshalling at the stage, so joined her later after claiming my ToB 'T' shirt from the organisers as a thankyou for doing my bit...Loved it:biggrin:
tourofbritainnewbury011ac3.jpg

mondobongo

Über Member
Stick Spoiler in the first line of your post Cathryn if you are going to post the winner, some people will not have watched it yet.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The difference between this and the TDF looks to us like the difference between skiing in Scotland and skiing in France! One is small, scruffy, of variable quality but the more challenging for it while the other is slick, moneyed, organised and a little bland.

Mortiroloboy

Yesterday Victor Hugo PENA (Rock Racing) was the last man in, he turned into the deviation (where the team cars peel off before the last sprint for the line) Technically he didn't finish the stage as he was about 650metres short of the finish line. Later I saw him sat outside the Anti Doping caravan, waiting to be tested.

Having taken the wrong turn, I bet he felt like a bit of a dope.

Seriously though does anyone know if he started this morning in Chard, or was he disqualified for not finishing the course?

mondobongo

Über Member
Have a look a look on cycling news after 9.00pm unless you already know todays winner in which case you can go and look now as they will have the full result.

I believe he was still in as they mentioned him being last man home after geeing lost on ITV 4 last night.

Well, I was there (in Tiverton and Weddon Cross) and I have no idea! It was a grim day for the riders, rain, wind and gnarly terrain. As has been said before of race watching, they go by in a flash and that's yer lot. The organisation seemed pretty solid, although there were three stragglers at Weddon Cross having to thread their way through the traffic which had been released back onto the course...:tongue:

Top Bottom