England : Oxfordshire The Oxford pie-cnic. Saturday 9th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Put my name down - I definitely would like to join the ride from Amersham to Oxford, but probably can't stay for more than an hour or so at the pie-cnic before having to head home unfortunately.

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Taggy thing, as promised.

@User, @Salty seadog, @robjh, @Fab Foodie, @Hill Wimp, @mjr, @StuAff, @Nigel182, @The Velvet Curtain, @Lullabelle, @Markymark, @User, @hopless500, @Drago, @CarlP, @theclaud, @Grant Fondo, @KnackeredBike, @velovoice, @wanda2010, @Flying Dodo

I believe that Reg, SS, FF, Wimpers, TVC, Lullabelle, TMN, StuAff and Bollo have expressed reasonably positive interest, with @steverob also confirming a ride from Amersham. That feels like a case for moderate organisation rather than major organisation. I'm not the most detail-focussed of people (don't laugh at the back), so "moderate organisation" and the knowledge that a party of 10 or a dozen will meet is about right.

More posts coming....

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I am working on the 9th unfortunately, I could do the 10th (or 16th) if that wasn't massively inconvenient to everyone.

OP
OP
srw

srw

As someone upthread pointed out, the Covered Market has a Pieminister for hot pies. It also has a cold pie and cold meat shop, at least two more butchers, a bakers, a cheese shop and the all-important Ben's Cookies. Most of which have been there for at least 30 years. I suspect they won't be very happy if we take a dozen bikes in there, but otherwise it's the perfect shopping mecca.

The University Parks are not far away, and there are one or two pubs in the city centre if it's miserable weather. In September they should be (relatively) less busy than during termtime.

I can't immediately see a nearby off-licence, other than the Whisky Shop round the corner. I suspect it'll either have to be a supermarket or else Oddbins on Little Clarendon Street (it used to be on the High Street).

@User, @Salty seadog, @robjh, @Fab Foodie, @Hill Wimp, @mjr, @StuAff, @Nigel182, @The Velvet Curtain, @Lullabelle, @Markymark, @User, @hopless500, @Drago, @CarlP, @theclaud, @Grant Fondo, @KnackeredBike, @velovoice, @wanda2010, @Flying Dodo

I believe that Reg, SS, FF, Wimpers, TVC, Lullabelle, TMN, StuAff and Bollo have expressed reasonably positive interest, with @steverob also confirming a ride from Amersham. That feels like a case for moderate organisation rather than major organisation. I'm not the most detail-focussed of people (don't laugh at the back), so "moderate organisation" and the knowledge that a party of 10 or a dozen will meet is about right.

More posts coming....
I'm away on hols unfortunately. Would love to be there but will be heading to Portugal.

OP
OP
srw

srw

Apologies but I don't think I can make it. Please try and make the best of it under the distressing circumstances of my absence.
The day will be the poorer without you.
While we expressed interest, we also said: shame this is happening while we are in Scotland. Sorry!
And you. And I can't read.
I'm away on hols unfortunately. Would love to be there but will be heading to Portugal.
And you.
I am working on the 9th unfortunately, I could do the 10th (or 16th) if that wasn't massively inconvenient to everyone.
And you too. I'm afraid I'm tied to the 9th. There might still be people around on the 10th, though!

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
@srw I might join you for a pint or two (or five) if you are all still standing at 8.30pm-ish, gutted as I will be to miss out on pies.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

More posts coming....
Stephen
We (I actually) have been prevaricating around the bush on this (long story-ish), but I can now confirm that me and @Hill Wimp have a booking for Mavis at the Caravan site by the Redbridge park-and-ride/Premiere Inn Abingdon road for Friday 8th and Saturday 9th Sept. We hope to be there early afternoon. We will bring suitable bikage to get in and around as required.

Yee haa!!!!!!

Top Bottom