The Pen is King

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Oh well that's nearly 2 years of therapy up the Swanee...

You'll get over it, don't despair.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
We were issued with these at school.
Berol_Handwriting_x_10.jpg

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
We spent an enjoyable afternoon at the Pen Museum in the Jewellery Quarter in Brum. The kids got to stamp and press their own pen nibs.

I do like a nice fountain pen. I wrote my dissertation using the Parker my Mum bought for me the year I went to Big School.

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
Apart from the glossy coated greeting cards which get passed around the office, pretty much all of my writing is done with a fountain pen and bottled ink. At the moment it's a bright red Lamy Safari with a vivid blue ink, more often it's something a little more conservative with a nice blue-black.

Doseone

Guru
I like the story (which is probably apocryphal) about the American space program where they spent a fortune developing a pen that would work in zero gravity. The Russians on the other hand used pencils.

Dibdib