Teeny tiny things that drive you nuts out of all proportion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
When they come on the news and say things like

'... And High Street sales are down for the 3rd month in a row'

Or similar, and then proceed to treat it like its some sort of crisis with the obligatory 'expert' who does nothing but state the zarking obvious ('Oh well, of course, more people are buying online'... no sh*t Sherlock!)...... I then sit there and think

'Well what do you expect? How much pointless frivolitous needless STUFF do we really need to buy to prop up your stinking economy Mister? (Or Missus)'.

Seriously, unless you are some sort of gadget freak or the type of sad twat who actually ques overnight just to get hold of the latest iPhone 28 (or whatever the hell it is now), before anyone else by all of about 3 minutes, or something similar, then, who is ever going to simply keep buying things they don't actually need each month??*

Wanders off grumbling and muttering under his breath.

* - Oh yeah, Cyclists!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
What colour, pray tell, is Ink of Joy?
inkofjoy.jpg
paperwriting2WM.JPG

Arch

Married to Night Train
Boots that take 5 minutes to put on.

Ha ha.

I get in first, open up the building, change footwear, get the days tickoff sheets sorted on the clipboards, and go to unlock the container to get the vehicle out. At that point, usually, the next person turns up. Over a week, I probably do half an hour more time at work than some.

I just couldn't be late, unless something went wrong. I'm stupid enough to think it matters enough to get up on time...

Ho hum

(Posted from bed, day off!)

Chromatic

Legendary Member
One thing that annoys me is when my wife wants a quick second or two splash of water from the tap, she always uses the hot tap and not the cold tap and since we have a combi boiler it turns the boiler on and off again unecessarily. The OP's sleeve falling down thing gets on my wick too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
, who is ever going to simply keep buying things they don't actually need each month??*

Lots of the people we collect recycling from! Seriously, week after week, cardboard boxes from consumer durables, Amazon boxes etc. There are one or two houses where its especially noticeable. Kids get new toys every week etc. The quantity of stuff some people buy still astonishes me.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Lots of the people we collect recycling from! Seriously, week after week, cardboard boxes from consumer durables, Amazon boxes etc. There are one or two houses where its especially noticeable. Kids get new toys every week etc. The quantity of stuff some people buy still astonishes me.
And if you think we're bad, try Japan, where houses are very small and one-upmanship a national disease. I once heard that the new airport in Tokyo Bay was built largely on discarded consumer goods: two year old televisions, fridges and bicycles, thrown out not because they no longer worked - far from it; these are Japanese goods we're talking about - but because there was a new one out, and there's no room to keep the old, and certainly no market for 'pre-loved' machinery.

tyred

Legendary Member
And if you think we're bad, try Japan, where houses are very small and one-upmanship a national disease. I once heard that the new airport in Tokyo Bay was built largely on discarded consumer goods: two year old televisions, fridges and bicycles, thrown out not because they no longer worked - far from it; these are Japanese goods we're talking about - but because there was a new one out, and there's no room to keep the old, and certainly no market for 'pre-loved' machinery.
:idea:
Books flight to visit Japanese rubbish dump.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Ok, I take it all back!

Seriously though, I doubt I'd have the money!

pplpilot

Guru
Side plates stacked on top of dinner plates in our kitchen. Why does she do that? :angry:

It makes a clatter when you slide a dinner plate from under the mountain of side plates and it's a nightmare putting them back after washing up trying to wedge them one at a time back under the stack.... :thumbsdown:

I would take the side plates out first of course but there's about 10 of the bloody things, I wouldn't mind but there's only two of us. :banghead:

Top Bottom