The perfect house for a cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
Trying not to get too deep...the house is the beginning and end of a cyclists journey...the house is effectively irrelevant.

......except if it is at the top of a hill. And going deeper; somedays being at the top of the hill it would add to the achievment and feeling of wellbeing but mostly it would lead to "Meh, I can't be bothered". Wheras a house at the bottom of a hill would lead to complacency, not enough effort being put it and Jack being a dull boy. I therefore think, and revise my thoughts that a house for a cyclist would ideally have to exist halfway up (or halfway down) the hill.

Deep is worth exploring...

Schrondinger's bike(s) house, is there a cyclist inside at all?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that a house at the bottom of a hill is at the wrong end of the hill! No views, and a terrible slog without a warm-up. I live in a steep-sided valley. Either I ride straight up the side of the valley, or I have to ride on the busy A-road along the valley bottom. I would much rather live at the top of the hill with spectacular views, quiet roads outside my door, and the option of riding down to the valley if I wanted to.

Mind you, being able to nip along the A-road to the shops on my singlespeed bike is nice. There is no way that I would want to ride back up the steep hill with 10-15 kgs of shopping in my rucksack!

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5197636, member: 9609"]Perfect home for a cyclist would be a one in the middle of a sparsely populated area with a myriad of little quiet roads and very low amounts of traffic - typical one car every 4 or 5 miles of riding. ^_^.[/QUOTE]

Got that.

Drago

Legendary Member
Spend less on the house, more money for the bikes.

4705_extra_1.jpg

Top Bottom