The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Have you tried telling a ferret that it has to disappear into a manhole ? :laugh:

I knew a BA aircraft tech who said ferrets were used to pull cables through a 747 wing..?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I knew a BA aircraft tech who said ferrets were used to pull cables through a 747 wing..?
Hmmm.

Just shows how weaselly some people can be fooled - the truth is stoatally different. :smile:

That's a longstanding urban myth, I'm afraid. Apart from anything else, there would be the risk that the ferret would stop for a pee enroute.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Attachments

• 5FAEB663-1CE6-46EC-AF15-9935F5892EDC.jpeg
    5FAEB663-1CE6-46EC-AF15-9935F5892EDC.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 12

Jameshow

Veteran
Hmmm.

Just shows how weaselly some people can be fooled - the truth is stoatally different. :smile:

That's a longstanding urban myth, I'm afraid. Apart from anything else, there would be the risk that the ferret would stop for a pee enroute.

I did wonder that....

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry, of course you're right. My bad.

Mike_P

Guru
Watched one of the air crash report videos on YouTube last night with the typical pilots losing all sense where they where in elevation and ignoring the low height warning for some reason. Made me wonder why cockpits now do not have led strips all around them which change colour depending whether a plane is ascending or descending.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Watched one of the air crash report videos on YouTube last night with the typical pilots losing all sense where they where in elevation and ignoring the low height warning for some reason. Made me wonder why cockpits now do not have led strips all around them which change colour depending whether a plane is ascending or descending.

Isn't that what the altimeter is for?
And the artificial horizon. And the VSI...

Mike_P

Guru
Isn't that what the altimeter is for?
And the artificial horizon. And the VSI...

Yes and all too often missed / ignored it seems watching crash investigation videos like one where the pilots were convinced they were descending when it fact they had the plane in a steep claim such that the plane stalled and then did descend totally out of control.

Last edited:
Top Bottom