The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure, was southerly i think. Difficult to tell when driving :smile:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Unusual one round here and not much detail unfortunately but watched a single engined, high winged plane with what I can only imagine were water skis mounted. White and some blue, too high to get detail, modern or old i couldnt tell....but an unusual sight for me.

Sounds a bit like this one:

G-DRAM003.jpg

It's based in Scotland, but gets down to this part of the world from time to time.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've often thought that.
Scampton airshow: Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fit to fly

That's what was posted, including quoting the previous post here. Don't know what went wrong.

I saw this B52 heading out yesterday quite high up heading Southwest. I'm sorry about the poor quality of the picture, I had the wrong lens on. In the morning I heard a loud jet going over but I was indoors and was unable to see it. This morning there was a similar noise and I managed to catch sight of a slim bodied jet with long narrow wings flying high above thin cloud. The only jet that I can think of is a U2. The sound carried on for a while and seemed to turn East.
IMGP6333.JPG

Reactions: gbb

classic33

Leg End Member
With the post or the engines?

I had a chat with some of the BBMF peeps at Bournemouth and they said that they had found a hairline crack on an engine pinion gear. It was the first time they had come across it and so decided to check their other engines.
Post, there's another post not been quoted, by the system, in what you've quoted.

They've declared them fit to fly, so they're happy with what they've done.

L Q

Über Member
Had the Lancaster do 3 passes over us today at Woodhall, quite low as well as it must have been for a fly past at the Petwood.

Awesome sight and an even better sound.

Top Bottom