The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think Boris Johnson was out in Libya the other day. I think they showed him at the airport with a 146 in the background.

This one? If so do they apply and remove the ER insignia as it wasn't present at Manchester?

boris.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Could well have been the same aircraft, there are two; ZE700 and ZE701. No idea why the ER decal wasn't on, it's not removed routinely. Possibly just in the process of being replaced, it's just a sticker and it can fade.
Incidentally @smokeysmoo they're hardly ever used for VVIP / Royal movement these days, although they used to do that role a lot. They largely concentrate on their military transport role now.
32 (TR) Sqn is the unit by the way, based at Northolt.

Last edited:

L Q

Über Member
Could well have been the same aircraft, there are two; ZE700 and ZE701. No idea why the ER decal wasn't on, it's not removed routinely. Possibly just in the process of being replaced, it's just a sticker and it can fade.
Incidentally @smokeysmoo they're hardly ever used for VVIP / Royal movement these days, although they used to do that role a lot. They largely concentrate on their military transport role now.
32 (TR) Sqn is the unit by the way, based at Northolt.
I think Theresa May uses it a lot for internal flights as it's cheaper than the voyager.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
[QUOTE 4932856, member: 45"]I miss the whisperjets. Loved them. Flew into Birmingham once with the curtain to the cockpit open, and got a fantastic view of the approach and landing.[/QUOTE]
Last flew on one about two years ago, Cityjet from LCY-ORK.
They're a bit cramped with 6-abreast seating.
It was about the same time I saw one in the DeHavilland museum at London Colney.
That's a great museum. I could cheerfully move in!

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
They're a bit cramped with 6-abreast seating.

No surprise there - they were designed in the expectation that airlines would fit 5-abreast seating (the cabin is barely wider than the One-Eleven, which has a 2+3 arrangement).

But then the bean-counters did some sums, and the rest is history. :sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
Unusual one round here and not much detail unfortunately but watched a single engined, high winged plane with what I can only imagine were water skis mounted. White and some blue, too high to get detail, modern or old i couldnt tell....but an unusual sight for me.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mate of mine, ex Airdale, reckons a pair of B1s flew over Northampton on Saturday. The town bears a close resemblance to Pyongyang so they were probably getting in some last minute practice.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mate of mine, ex Airdale, reckons a pair of B1s flew over Northampton on Saturday. The town bears a close resemblance to Pyongyang so they were probably getting in some last minute practice.
Exercise "Ample Strike",
B-52 should be in the same area.

September 2, 2016 4:43 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Info direct off base at BGR. Departur looking at a 0900-1000L time of arrival UK. Reports fro inbound to BGR which is a AFKAI c/s

Last edited:
Top Bottom