The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keep an eye on Mildenhall, the KC-10 Extenders are flying from there on a regular basis, every day.
Several Stratotankers as well - generally doing circuits over Poland and Romania
No other military aircraft approach

or none that register - did catch a couple of Typhoons leaving the area a few days ago - I suspect there are quite a few aircraft around that do not send out any signals!

Oh - and I have noticed a few B52s rabbitting around the UK last few days - seem to be starting at Fairford

classic33

Leg End Member
Several Stratotankers as well - generally doing circuits over Poland and Romania
No other military aircraft approach

or none that register - did catch a couple of Typhoons leaving the area a few days ago - I suspect there are quite a few aircraft around that do not send out any signals!

Oh - and I have noticed a few B52s rabbitting around the UK last few days - seem to be starting at Fairford
There's usually two pairs of F-15e's flying from that region. Up the east coast and over the North Sea.

gbb

Legendary Member

This afternoon, collegue and myself sat on 2nd floor canteen, windows looking over the old Alconbury airbase, colleague suddenly says...over here he comes.
Just had time to get my phone out and get one snap as he flew over 100, 200 feet, low and fast....and then gone.
Airbus M400 I'd imagine.

gbb

Legendary Member
Two B52s just flew over Peterborough, headed south west, Oxfordhire perhaps. High'ish and not particually noisy, seemed quite effortless and surprisingly fast, 10 seconds or so and they were gone.
A first ever for me i believe.

Two B52s just flew over Peterborough, headed south west, Oxfordhire perhaps. High'ish and not particually noisy, seemed quite effortless and surprisingly fast, 10 seconds or so and they were gone.
A first ever for me i believe.
As long as the B52s are not heading East.

Reactions: gbb

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Talking about Airbus military transports we regularly see a C-295 doing touch and goes at Katoka airport. Airbus paid a huge bribe to the President of Ghana’s brother to secure the order you might remember. Airbus we’re fined I think it was €200m.

Last edited:
Top Bottom