The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mart44

Über Member
A Lancaster Bomber circling around (Farnborough Airshow).

d8sbyNS.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
I used FR for for a while but now I use planefinder and Freedar.uk.
Freedar shows more executive and military flights than planefinder or Flightradar.

Good tip, thank you!

Last edited:
Glad I stumbled on this thread. Hooked myself and brother on freedar. I see not a single asset is up now as crabs don't do weekend.
Living on bhx flight path I'm boring my family telling them what they can hear

Drago

Legendary Member
My Sister, who I don't get along with terribly well. Well, anyway, my BiL is quite poorly and they need a bungalow. Chatting to my Dad last night and it seems my Sister has bought a bungalow...in Cranfield in sight of the runway. Neither myself of my Dad, who has his own Socata, are at all jealous.

Cranfield is an odd one, as well as being a regular airstrip also gets used for a lot of experimental aircraft, no doubt due to the proximity to the University and technology centre. A Burt Rutan Scaled Composites job was in there recently, and I wouldn't have minded seeing that.

So I now need to persuade Mrs D to buy a house near a small airfield or aerodrome.

gbb

Legendary Member
Stood at Porto De Mogan yesterday as a (I think) Airbus Super Puma flew over the harbour, low and hugging the coastline. Only maybe 100ft up, it was actually very quiet (compared to how you'd expect) It was seemingly effortless and serene considering the power, technology and forces involved in getting one up there .

Top Bottom