The plane enthusiasts thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
That would depend where you are heading due south from. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you are getting at.
It's current location, as shown.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I have no idea where the first land is that's due south of the spurious position.

I could get a map and work it out, but I don't understand the relevance of the question.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have no idea where the first land is that's due south of the spurious position.

I could get a map and work it out, but I don't understand the relevance of the question.
First spotted due south of it's current location, off the coast. It "moved" to it's present location. Albeit 500 foot lower than it's current height.

classic33

Leg End Member
Can anyone provide a link that shows BL7777? I tried flightradar24 (as of the time of this post) and I can't see it.
downloadfile-1.jpg

Off the North coast of Ireland, as shown above on global.adbsexchange.com

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I am aware what it is, but still read it as sex change.

Not wishing to let the facts get in the way of a good story, but it's actually adsbexchange, not adbsexchange, which I appreciate isn't nearly as much fun. :rolleyes:

Can anyone provide a link that shows BL7777? I tried flightradar24 (as of the time of this post) and I can't see it.

I would imagine that FR24 is satisfied that it's spurious and sensibly filters it out.

Here it is on one of the trackers that doesn't do any such filtering, at the location that corresponds to the mirror image of BLL (Billund) about the Greenwich meridian: https://flight-data.adsbexchange.com/map?icao=45FE5D&date=2019-09-07

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Though none of the world's air forces, other than the Japanese, appear to share that view.

American money talks. There is the advantage of interoperability with the Yanks of course. Wiki says Germany and France are considering the Kawasaki though.

Top Bottom