The pleasures of cleaning your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kookas

Über Member
My bike looks like I was forced to take a detour through a toilet. I have tried cleaning it, but it just got dirty again so I haven't done it since.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Only just seen this, he must be on his way. I shall have to be on Mathew alert. I'm off out now to drive around in a stupid and dangerous way.
You werent by any chance the white van man who undertook me as I was giving horses room and then I experienced one of the calmest confrontations I have ever had? Or the lorry driver who had two opportunities to overtake me safely but decided to close pass me when there was one car coming in the opposite direction and then tell me to F-off?

TBH I expected more to happen within 74 miles seeing as I was mighty close to Liverpool.

You werent by any chance the white van man who undertook me as I was giving horses room and then I experienced one of the calmest confrontations I have ever had? Or the lorry driver who had two opportunities to overtake me safely but decided to close pass me when there was one car coming in the opposite direction and then tell me to F-off?

TBH I expected more to happen within 74 miles seeing as I was mighty close to Liverpool.
No, not me. So what time were you in West Kirby then?

And I used to commute in and out of Liverpool and never had that kind of stuff happen to me but I'm glad there are others around to take all that grief off me and on to their own shoulders :smile:

James10

I gave my bike a very thorough clean the other day and discovered the wonders of white spirit. Everything just wiped off the bike, except the paint, thankfully.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Can't believe this, a bike cleaning thread and no one has used the now legendary word and sage of all things bike cleanliness ...... MICKLE !!

sheffgirl

Gave mine a quick clean on Sunday. I've had it for 5 months nearly now and after almost 600 miles I'm starting to notice more scuffs and scrapes on it, it doesn't look like a new bike anymore if you look closely :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Gave mine a quick clean on Sunday. I've had it for 5 months nearly now and after almost 600 miles I'm starting to notice more scuffs and scrapes on it, it doesn't look like a new bike anymore if you look closely :sad:

It's called character.

I dinked a brand new bike the moment I walked it through the door at home. Opened door, wheeled bike in, door decides to close on bike. One nice dink in paint.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
No "possible" about it. Definitely. Got to pick your location carefully. You need a good concentration of roadies with expensive bikes who wouldn't regard £100 as outlandish. Money rich time poor types. Laaandan it is then

What on earth would someone get for £100 bike clean, I can't imagine.

Top Bottom