The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I remember a friend getting into drinking a mixture of Guinness and Bitter - called it black and tan. In the local Irish run pub he was told in no uncertain terms that it might be best if he didn't use that terminology.

I used to drink that as a youth, now I'm older and I know a bit more of the world there's no way I'd feel comfortable ordering it by that name.

Slick

Guru
and you drink that out of choice?

seems odder than a black and tan, another beer cocktail from a bygone era ^_^
I used to quite like that as a hair of the dog back in the day.

Although in my local, it was a real Pale Ale mixed with a Stout.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did you wear your tweeds?

Light weight sage wool jacket, tan and beige 1960's acrylic 'breathable' polo type shirt, off white linen summer trousers, Lecoste 'burnt orange'/ tan summer shoes, cream fedora with a sky blue and red feather, to show both the colours of the two teams taking part...you get the picture!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I went to the pub 2 minutes walk from my home this aft', to watch the FA Cup Final. I had a few rum and blacks, as well as a few pints. I now feel a bit :wacko:

You had rum with an outdoor shop?

Sorry, I clicked on the 'Blacks' bit of that message

Light weight sage wool jacket, tan and beige 1960's acrylic 'breathable' polo type shirt, off white linen summer trousers, Lecoste 'burnt orange'/ tan summer shoes, cream fedora with a sky blue and red feather, to show both the colours of the two teams taking part...you get the picture!!:rolleyes:
So... You dressed down for the occasion then? 🤔😆

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So... You dressed down for the occasion then? 🤔😆

Yes, I did in a way. I didn't wear a tie or a cravat and I also went 'sockless'! :secret:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
A cheap knock-off copy of Lacoste? Shame on you, Accy. I expected better, despite your apparent liking for fake Rolex watches!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A cheap knock-off copy of Lacoste? Shame on you, Accy. I expected better, despite your apparent liking for fake Rolex watches!
I think they're genuine Lacoste, 🤔 but if they're not it doesn't really matter as I paid a mere £1.50 for them from a charity shop. 🧐:okay:

nc_ohc=TT565oZX5OwAX89Sqt2&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=TpfHY_VQEGMAX-uyGrl&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

zEwD1oUPwGEuZC5MQIN3GFonNM&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Top Bottom