The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My local, or some might say former local pub has re-opened after a temporary closure.
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....wood-victoria-pub-reopens-month-long-closure/
I had my first pint in there in August 1978.🍻

1676493600274.png

I've propped that bar up on many an occasion!! 🧐

Ossett White Rat ? not a bad pint but Ossett Blonde is better.

Spot on. Bit thin but an ok beer 🍻

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My local, or some might say former local pub has re-opened after a temporary closure.
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....wood-victoria-pub-reopens-month-long-closure/
I had my first pint in there in August 1978.🍻

View attachment 678223

I've propped that bar up on many an occasion!! 🧐

I heard from somebody who was in the other night that it's fiver for a pint of Guinness.:ohmy: Mind you, my brother went to watch London Irish v Northampton the other week and paid £7 for Guinness. I suppose a fiver is a bit too much for a back street pub and 7 quid for a top level rugby match in London isn't bad.🤔

Chislenko

Veteran
If you have any in your towns / cities I highly recommend searching out pubs which are part of the Craft Union chain.

They are significantly cheaper than most locals and offer an even cheaper price Monday to Thursday.

For example, my pint of Chinese in my local is now £3.55, at the Craft Union pub in the city centre it is £2.75. (If I settled for Fosters instead of Carling in my Chinese it would be £2.40!).

NB. For those not familiar with the term a Chinese is half a bitter and half a lager in the same glass.

If you have any in your towns / cities I highly recommend searching out pubs which are part of the Craft Union chain.

They are significantly cheaper than most locals and offer an even cheaper price Monday to Thursday.

For example, my pint of Chinese in my local is now £3.55, at the Craft Union pub in the city centre it is £2.75. (If I settled for Fosters instead of Carling in my Chinese it would be £2.40!).

NB. For those not familiar with the term a Chinese is half a bitter and half a lager in the same glass.

Used to be a Mickey Mouse in Brum, IIRC

Top Bottom