The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
IMG-20230611-WA0010.jpeg

Had a pint of Wainwright Amber in the Old hall, Haworth, I worked at 15 years ago. The bar man was the ame guy I worked with those years ago. Sat on the benches (might have been replaced!) I painted and paid a visit to the loos I often fixed!

Pub#1 I visited last night had super loud karaoke, loud kids and only 1 guest ale. Pub#2 I visited had 2 ales, neither of them guest

I know I can't ask for ales if I don't go, but I won't go if there are no ales. :wacko:It's a self defeating situation!

Gunk

Guru
Funny reading this from the beginning, I can’t believe everything that went on with the pandemic, it’s like a bad dream.

Funny reading this from the beginning, I can’t believe everything that went on with the pandemic, it’s like a bad dream.

I really liked pandemic drinking, especially booking a table, an app to order and table service (we tipped).

Chislenko

Veteran
Without wishing to stray into "political waters" I think going to the pub for a few beers is becoming more of a luxury than a way of life.

I used to be a seven night a week, seven or eight pints a night drinker. The cheapest pint at the only local left in our village is now £4.00 so based on my ex drinking habits that would be circa £220 a week!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hope you enjoyed it Accy. :okay:

The first pub was a bit like Butlins. Loads of running around, screaming kids and a disco, plus barking dogs!:wacko: The second one was nice and quiet. The third and last was busy(ish). It's about 1.5 minutes walk from home, so it has its advantages. :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Without wishing to stray into "political waters" I think going to the pub for a few beers is becoming more of a luxury than a way of life.

I used to be a seven night a week, seven or eight pints a night drinker. The cheapest pint at the only local left in our village is now £4.00 so based on my ex drinking habits that would be circa £220 a week!!

I visited three pubs last night, paying £4, £3.20 and £4.90 a pint. The first two were cask beer, the last was San Miguel.🍻

Top Bottom