The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Says the guy who says, "...I can't see why people feel they have the right to judge others"

....and who also says, "... I too have opinion's on people's actions but refrain from being so self righteous."
If you're going to answer at least say what you mean, sheep was nothing to do with anti-vaxers in your comment and you know it.

If you're going to answer at least say what you mean, sheep was nothing to do with anti-vaxers in your comment and you know it.

First comment I've made on the thread Shep.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I visited my local, the Mitre, on Friday lunchtime, Everyone was behaving themselves as per the rules, the Guv has done a good job at organizing the garden, well spaced out tables, an outdoor ordering area, card payments only, table service, etc etc.
A very good afternoon was had.:cheers:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just went to check out the booking situation for my local, only to discover one of the more cretinous bits of web design I've come across lately. Even the swimming pool I go to manages to provide a calendar of upcoming availability. Not the pub. Oh, no, that would be too sensible.

1618753248240.png

That's it. Pick a time, any time, and if that specific time is not available, it'll say No. Not now, and not within two and a half hours. But it won't give you options that are available. No, you just have to stick another tail on the donkey and...No. Not now, and not within two and a half hours. And don't think that means there's availability at three hours. Nope. Check +3 hrs and you'll get the same message. It could be booked for the whole evening, the entire week ahead, but there's no way to find out. The most info you'll ever get, if not 'ok', is No. Not now, and not within two and a half hours.

These people get paid and everything. :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not been anywhere yet - we've been alternating caravan gardens this weekend - weather has been warm enough, and I've got my face burnt. We may have broken the rules slightly, but it was just immediate family - OK 3 households of 6-8 folk , of which we were socially distanced for a couple of pints in the gardens - lets say the site weren't bothered as the lady that is head of security is next to my sister's van and one of the site guys saw us a few times - must say, everyone on the site has been glad to be back, and all behaving - pubs in Wales don't open outside until 26th. Our local isn't doing a booking system and it's first come first served. Table service only - main issue they had last year was people booking then not turning up, whilst they were turning away walk ups.

Looks like Manchester has been doing well this weekend - O'Sheas, has opened an outside bar on a big car park, about half a mile from their pub, and off the main pedestrian routes, but it was busy (not far from Freight Island outdoor Venue for those folk who know).

vickster

Legendary Member
Friend of mine manages a bar in London. Hes just messaged me. Every table has been completely full from the minute they opened on Monday. Hes worked getting on for 90 hours in the last week and its been the busiest his bar has ever been!
Presumably he’s glad given he’s not been able to open and work at all for 4 months?

Adam4868

Guru
Blackpool was absolutely rammed all weekend.Must of been 100 people in a queue on the seafront to get in Wetherspoons,other pubs were available...
Should be busier still when hotels open up.

Top Bottom