The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've never really bought in to this "you can't have beer until lunchtime". It's beer I'll drink it when I feel like a beer. And although I struggle with my limits I tend to know my speed so I don't join the Wetherspoons 9am brigade cos I'd be p****d by lunchtime :smile:
That's why I got into drinking at home, I worked nights, 12 hour shifts from 6pm to 6am and there's very few options for a drink after work so I'd get home (after a 45 minute bike ride) just in time to have a natter with Maz before she headed out to her job then put some music on and with a Coffee and a glass of something (maybe a doobie too) I'd have my evening before going to bed about half Ten/Eleven.

Last edited:
It's a reference to the Anti-vaxxers who often refer to those who obey the rules and take the vaccine as sheeple.
I'm perfectly happy to let people go to the pub. But in the words of JVT, the virus is still out there and still dangerous.
It doesn't strike me as particularly prudent to 'be the first' to try out the pub,
Matalan and other shops, particularly as the crowds make it difficult to stay at a 'safe' distance.

Almost an answer, but thank's for the effort.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You have to keep drinking or you get a horrible headache and a grumpy bad mood in the afternoon (as anyone who has done Durham Miners Gala will confirm). I just can’t do all day drinking as I have the alcohol capacity of a teaspoon
drink halves*, eat something (chips are good) and pace yerself

* they don't get warm or sticky like nursing a pint can

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

It was a joy to sit out in the garden of The Ship Inn at Portloe, Cornwall yesterday.
Fresh Crab sandwiches and Proper Job.......ansome!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
View attachment 583878

It was a joy to sit out in the garden of The Ship Inn at Portloe, Cornwall yesterday.
Fresh Crab sandwiches and Proper Job.......ansome!
That was our summer holiday pub when I was a kid. My grandmother would have the crab sandwiches, and I would have Scampi in a Basket, which I thought was the height of sophistication.

two fine strong pints from the portobello brewery in a fine london spoons garden to celebrate a haircut. Its garden has more folk in it than i have ever seen, but responsibly so, and they have also extended it over half the carpark. And the beer selection is better than i ever remember it being pre plague (it was always surprisingly poor) so a treble win.

Top Bottom