The QOM problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shadowfax

QoMs are mostly are pretty meaningless unless its the fastest time of all I'm 2 secs off one, held by hubby and someone else ! He has promised not to beat it if I get it !

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
It would be interesting to know what your veloviewer score is and if that takes gender into account. You get a higher score for finishing eg. 5th out of 1000 people vs finishing 1 out of 5. I dont know if it filters for gender.

Shadowfax

It would be interesting to know what your veloviewer score is and if that takes gender into account. You get a higher score for finishing eg. 5th out of 1000 people vs finishing 1 out of 5. I dont know if it filters for gender.
It does indeed but as fewer women do the segments the maxiums are much lower.

Diggs

Veteran
I'm always QOM in my own kingdom and I don't wear a red spotty top either, it just doesn't suit me:whistle:
Then you need one of these... Orange spots are much more 2014 ;)http://www.provisionclothing.com/womenstour/strava-replica.html

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Strava is like Facebook in as much as it is great fun if it's used properly. But people can become too obsessed with times and segments and who's the fastest.

There's a real advantage of being a woman on Strava: QOM. There are a lot less women than men on strava, so it's not impossible to be the only woman who has ever done a segment. So, despite being a slow cyclist, I have 30-something QOM at the moment. Which is fun

But there's a downside. For instance, a couple of years ago I did a 80km pootle along the Ruhr on my folder. At the time there were no segments there at all. Apparently people started creating segments, and unbeknownst to me, I became Queen of the Mountain on them. Later on, other women rode the course, and I started receiving humiliating emails "Uh oh! <german name> has stolen your QOM <by several minutes>"

This is my current favourite QOM. I was supposed to be meeting someone I didn't know, but expected to recognise outside Buckingham Palace (no, not the Queen). I wandered around looking for him for quite a while, on foot.

I got one of those notifications this morning... don't get the emails anymore, turned them off but you still get the strava notification which my phone promptly informed me about when I checked what time it was this morning... like I really needed to know that before I got out of bed! :wacko:

(I think I had 37 before this morning..) not that I am counting or anything like that :laugh:

Top Bottom