The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Freight car loading gauges require this. In the Northeast Corridor, level platforms are often the case, and on the Brightline- Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Orlando(someday). That's where the passenger carriers own the right of way. Other places, freight carriers provide crews and tracks. Union Pacific, in this specific case. Lots of their container traffic comes through here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Who wanted Salty?
2626.jpg

Avon Valley Railway

Not my picture

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I had a ride over to Bridgnorth today and stopped at the station for my lunch. Some snaps:
DSC0006097.jpg

First time I've been over since the project to construct a new station building started. They seem to be getting on quite well.

DSC0006107.jpg

1501 is on duty today. I didn't see which other engines were in steam (there is often a board listing them).

DSC0006110.jpg

The 82045 project is coming along and starting to look like an engine. This is a brand new locomotive of a class which doesn't have a surviving original example. More info here.

DSC0006111.jpg

One for those who like the diesels.

classic33

Leg End Member
My small one has decided that this is the real Mavis (she is a diesel that works at the quarry, in case she wasn't in the original). It does look a fair bit like her!
http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/inde...=258_259_261&zenid=jtab4rr3r68uoh7ciqd5g5dka2

I have Bill, Ben, Thomas, Emily, Gordon & Spencer.

Last edited:

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
We were going back some pages and she was excited to see the Flying Scotsman, I didn't know he was around! And bizarrely in one of the newest Thomas movies (it is a strange and horrible musical in which Thomas wants to be streamlined and has a crush on a fancy painted Indian engine, give me regular railway stories please!) you meet the Flying Scotsman and find out that he is Gordon's brother...

classic33

Leg End Member
We were going back some pages and she was excited to see the Flying Scotsman, I didn't know he was around! And bizarrely in one of the newest Thomas movies (it is a strange and horrible musical in which Thomas wants to be streamlined and has a crush on a fancy painted Indian engine, give me regular railway stories please!) you meet the Flying Scotsman and find out that he is Gordon's brother...
Ashima?
Ashima-.jpg

Top Bottom