The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My grandson had a thing for Emily, I don't think I'll buy him one tho'.
One of the charactors in 'Rasing Steam' is an Emily (Harry Kings niece)

There's also a very interesting take on 'The Railway Children' too:becool:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Oops, I forgot to include this with my snapshots yesterday:

DSC0006091.jpg

DSC0006093.jpg

gavgav

Guru
Sad to see this from the local newspaper: Heritage railway train and car in level crossing crash.

View attachment 403257

Countess is the engine that I took on in the race the train event a couple of years ago: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-4462014

Me and Dad were talking about this, on the way down to London today.

We were trying to work out how the car managed to be stuck on the tracks. Conked out, stalled or just plain idiocy?

the_mikey

Legendary Member

We were trying to work out how the car managed to be stuck on the tracks. Conked out, stalled or just plain idiocy?

I rode that train last year, and during my visit the train stopped before proceeding to cross the level crossings, which makes me wonder quite how it happened, maybe the driver didn't visit the area regularly and didn't stop to check for a train coming and just blindly assumed there wasn't going to be a train?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

What @the_mikey said. There will be a full investigation by the RAIB but my money would be on the motorist abusing the crossing.

Oakenshaw Lane
Agbrigg/Heath

The left hand line is a freight only (one train per week, I understand!!), that travels to a glass producers on the outskirts of Barnsley - or was anyway
The line in use is from South Yorkshire, & subsequently crosses the River Calder, towards Wakefield KirkGate station, en-route to various lines

DSCF5040.JPG

Location; http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3246100
DSCF5041.JPG

Top Bottom