The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
LSR pt2
Back at Launceston
Dsc00410.jpg

Dsc00412.jpg

Dsc00414.jpg

DSC00423.JPG

DSC00422.JPG

And found this Raleigh Sports upstairs in the museum part. There were two other bikes, but unable to get usable pics.
Dsc00386.jpg

A good afternoon!

Attachments

• DSC00425.JPG
    DSC00425.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 0

Handlebar Moustache

Slightly OT but I saw a model of BR’s proposed Intercity 250 at York and I did wonder what it would have been like and what changes it might have brought about had it been built > https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterCity_250

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member
In that link of yours, the class 68 and the driving trailer at the other end do not have yellow front panels - surely the first time this has been true of British mainline railway stock since the late 1960s. Have the regulations recently been changed?

(edit): I've just found the answer to my question in this link from 2016. It looks like it has taken a while to catch on though, as other new stock such as the class 700 still do have the yellow ends.

Last edited:
In that link of yours, the class 68 and the driving trailer at the other end do not have yellow front panels - surely the first time this has been true of British mainline railway stock since the late 1960s. Have the regulations recently been changed?

(edit): I've just found the answer to my question in this link from 2016. It looks like it has taken a while to catch on though, as other new stock such as the class 700 still do have the yellow ends.

It took me by surprise too: I never thought the UK authorities would allow something like this. It looks good though.

I wonder if new DB locomotives will just have the DB whisker like their German counterparts?

2019_07_08_Lörrach_10c.JPG

Ironic now that First are said to be putting their UK train service up for sale.

Do first own TPS?

Top Bottom