The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like Osaka station as well, it has long sweeping curves in the design.

I remember there were quite a few like that in Belgium.

I'm not sure I've been to Osaka JR station, at least nit in a long time. I know I've used the Hankyu and Kintetsu stations a fair bit when I went there, and they're fairly ugly, like the rest of Osaka...

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I remember there were quite a few like that in Belgium.

I'm not sure I've been to Osaka JR station, at least nit in a long time. I know I've used the Hankyu and Kintetsu stations a fair bit when I went there, and they're fairly ugly, like the rest of Osaka...

Not the best looking city in Japan. I remember checking in to a hotel there very proud I could now hold my own in the language department only to look silly as they have many different words for what I had gotten used to in Tokyo.

andy0001

Über Member
i feel pretty lucky when people talk about railway/tube stations, i've worked at every London Underground station. also spent 4 years on London Bridge railway station and installed then helped commission the comms across the site, we got to dismantle the old london dungeons and had fun in there.

I've worked at Strand Underground station which is a closed listed building, they filmed atonement, bank job and the firestarter song there.

I've walked around old disused stations and platforms and explored loads of them.

If you are ever in London, book a night in Cahoots, it's a bar in Kingly court(near oxford st), it has no Cahoots sign outside, just a guy on the door with a peak cap on and a sign above saying 'to the trains' it's an old station..

Spartak