The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Trains from the south have a light dusting of snow.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
View attachment 669793

Sir Nigel passing Oakleigh Park on it's old stamping ground this morning on it's way to Lincoln.
There's a YouTube video of it leaving KX but the diesel on the back is doing a lot of the work. It's not steaming hard enough by far and it has the sort of load on that used to require banking through Gas Works Tunnel - notorious for steam locos slipping.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There's a YouTube video of it leaving KX but the diesel on the back is doing a lot of the work. It's not steaming hard enough by far and it has the sort of load on that used to require banking through Gas Works Tunnel - notorious for steam locos slipping.

Even as it passed Oakleigh Park, it was really working, just shuffling. Reverser on a low cut off, and not much regulator.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
This was taken couple of days ago. Clun Castle on the Polar Express which runs between Moor St and Dorridge over the Christmas period :becool:

IMG_20221212_142250.jpg

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I always liked those; I was most miffed that I couldn't find an excuse to include them on a model based in Yorkshire...
BiL is a railway modeller His policy is its my layout my railway I’ll run what I like , and s** the rivet counters .

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I see that, but I see the model as a story, and if I put something like that it breaks the thread too much for me.
If I was to take up railway modelling ( I’m not) . I would build modern era ,bus shelter style station with appropriate rolling stock, but with an adjacent heritage railway. Then I could run my choice of steam and diesel traction and it would all be correct in my world.
🤔 I could model a heavy haulage low loader delivering a guest loco.

Mike_P

Guru
My layout is multi period (in theory anyway) as it has only ever run as c 1960. Various issues lead me to taking it off the exhibition circuit (it featured in an issue of Horby magazine and a Railway Modeller Album) and rebuilding it as a U shaped home layout intending to use one of those train lift storage systems which never turned up and I had to give them a ultimatum to get my money back. That lead to progress on it stalling with only limited time spent on it since. The other time periods being mid 1960s with rail blue making an appearance and various dates as a preserved line with mainline visiting stock seeking to make sure whatever is running is appropriate

Mike_P

Guru
And unfortunately the centre scenic board had to replaced by a ninety degree board which has meant no place available for the alternative scenic frontages depending on the period c 1960 BR vehicle depot with a small car dealership, mid 60s the whole a car dealership, pre 2000 preservation a model engineers railway (which probably would be more authentic with nothing on it) and post 2000 preservation a millenium open space with an vintage vehicle display

Top Bottom