The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
It's a big problem in Europe. I find it astonishing that so many people have so much money to spend on spray cans.
I think most are stolen . Not much of a challenge judging by the lack of staff in my local Halfords .
Finding a member of staff to take your money presents more of a problem.

Twilight Express seen Kyoto yesterday. The bull bars are actually a viewing platform at the rear of the train

Attachments

• EAF0C22A-38EF-472D-936E-7B24FC77B486.jpeg
    EAF0C22A-38EF-472D-936E-7B24FC77B486.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 969FE9E6-F908-42BA-A39C-7B25F9F220AE.jpeg
    969FE9E6-F908-42BA-A39C-7B25F9F220AE.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 4

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Go to Italy, your eyes will truly be opened!
Let me guess: all the wagons are beautiful, like the Sistine Chapel ceiling?

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Back in the seventies, when I was a wee bit younger, Canadian National announced steam excursions for Toronto to Niagara during the summer months. A suitable fuss was made with important politicians attending the unveiling of the restored engine in Toronto and camera crews from the local news station recording it all for evening broadcast.

So that night I’m watching the tube and the guy on the news says they’ll be showing this steam engine next. As my Dad was a life long CN employee I called for him to come and see.

He took one look down into the family room, saw the engine on the tube and said “Oh, that old thing”, he then disappeared into the cellar. I was a bit disappointed with his lack of interest until he reappeared with a old log book. He showed me a line in the book showing him running that engine in regular service back in the 50s. I was suitably impressed.

89BE85A1-439A-42A5-84DD-7950E7E884E1.jpeg

6060 lives out west now and I think sees limited use keeping people happy.

Top Bottom