The Rapture is coming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Or so it seems, what with biblical levels of rainfall and horrific flooding. Hell, even Venice is flooded! Seriously.

But unlike the great unwashed public, the sort who go for a drive in a car with bald tyres wearing only a vest at the first sign if snow, you can help yourselves.

Some poor unfortunates on the news have been cut off by floodwater. They're complaining that no one is bringing them food. Well, they had ample opportunity to stock up themselves before the flooding and chose not to bother, so I'm a little hardened to their whittling.

So, my brothers and sisters of the bicycle, be prepared. Non perishable food, a means to heat it, water, first aid kit, the usual stuff. It isnt really even an expense as once you've got it you can start rotating it, eating the older stuff while you replenish the other end of the shelf anew.

Then when the brown stuff hits the bladed rotating object you will be safe and comfortable, won't be a burden on overstretched emergency services, and I won't need to roll my eyes in dismay.

Thus endeth the blindingly obvious public service announcement.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I've already got 2 months supply of Fray Bentos pies, tinned taters and mixed veg in the larder. That'll see me through. :hungry:

Rocky

Hello decadence
Probably climate change ...... brought on by Trump's policies. People round here seem to be going yellow as well.

D

Deleted member 26715

Some poor unfortunates on the news have been cut off by floodwater. They're complaining that no one is bringing them food. Well, they had ample opportunity to stock up themselves before the flooding and chose not to bother, so I'm a little hardened to their whittling.
Complete & utter hogwash, there was no notification that the Doncaster area was due to flood, in fact at 18:30 the EA was still announcing there was not risk in the area. It wasn't until 21:00 that the message was changed 1 hour AFTER serious flooding had already started.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The whole point of preparedness is that one is prepared prior to an emergency.

You, me, them, everyone, has had ample opportunity to prepare for stuff like this - stuff that is getting more and more frequent, and is very well publicised. If one waits until the EA announces "stick you're head up your own bum and pray to baby jesus" then one is too late.

We've each had our whole adult lives to prepare, but few bother. Then when the wheel comes off they complain that no one is bring them food. Prepare now, today. It's too late to worry about it when flood/snow/meteoritic impact is on its way. If the air raid sirens are wailing, or the EA are panicking then you're already missed the boat.

The only thing that is hogwash is any suggestion that the unprepared have anyone to blame but themselves when they want something to eat. These people could have prepared the day before, the week before, last year...but most chose not to bother.

And please avoid the unnecessary use of capital letters for emphasis - I can read, but being dyslexic makes it harder for me to understand your words, not easier, so please desist.

Last edited:
Everyone should carry out some kind of fire/flood/storm/earthquake/volcano/tsunami etc risk assessment for their location. Add in man-made apocalypse such as nuclear power station accident, gas or chemical works etc.
The actions may be stock up on eatables, source some iodine tablets, move photographs, books and electricals up higher, stock up on sandbags.
In almost every big event, the government is unable to render assistance for several days.

You can see from photos and videos from all around the world, that the quickest form of transport in days 1-3 are bicycles or small boats.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Look at hurricane Katrina. The Mafia were able to provide meaningful aid faster than the federal government, simply because the infrastructure was so comprehensively mullered.

When the zombie apocalypse hits Poshshire I shan't be complaining to the media that I'm a bit peckish and no one is bringing me something to eat. These disaster have been on tv often enough since the turn if the century, yet people still take no heed.

The lesson here is simple. Take responsibility for your own safety and do so now while the going is good, then you won't be cold and hungry when this sort of thing happens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Look at hurricane Katrina.
What has a hurricane in the deep south of the USofA got to do with what happens in the UK, or as we now have a mini Trump are we going to be getting a mini Katrina?

Top Bottom