The Rapture is coming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
What has a hurricane in the deep south of the USofA got to do with what happens in the UK, or as we now have a mini Trump are we going to be getting a mini Katrina?
I've already explained the relevance. It was a large natural disaster, on a scale that prevented the authorities from offering timely assistance.

The relevance being that we are suffering natural disasters here also, and there isn't a lot the authorities can do about it.

This being the case, the sensible citizen is prepared for such events. The mafia are unlikely to bother about Doncaster, so self reliance is the key.

I don't really think I can make it any simpler than that, although I could draw a cartoon perhaps if that would make it easier for you to fathom? Everyone else seems to have figured it out.

Yawns ...

What's wrong with simple hunting and fishing?
Some people have common sense some don't. Simple.
I remember a BBC interview with a young lady in Florida before a recent big hurricane made landfall, all the warnings had been issued and Walmart stripped of window boarding and stuff. This young lady who was in the path of the hurricane had literally no idea that she was in the path of a hurricane.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I remember a BBC interview with a young lady in Florida before a recent big hurricane made landfall, all the warnings had been issued and Walmart stripped of window boarding and stuff. This young lady who was in the path of the hurricane had literally no idea that she was in the path of a hurricane.
There is no helping some people. :laugh:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Dear Duane Shackenblicker
Metro Goldwyn Meyer, Head of Bluesky Production Envisioning

I've another idea for a film. No really. This one will be a blockbuster.
The Scene
A sodden Middle England, after The Flood. Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire etc, awash with a biblical inundation never before witnessed.
The plot, roughly speaking
Despite sending big helicopters, amphibious craft and sandbags, the Middle Englanders are drowning by the thousand (basically through being unable to swim well- they weren't in the SAS ever and didnt learn - or they perish for having forgotten to stow a Camping Gaz stove and some tins of rice pudding in the loft)
Their Saviour
After about twenty mins of mayhem, gore and gurgling, in a quiet cottage hospital on a hill, lit by the last rays of a sorry sun, a mammoth figure erupts like a colossus, spraying shards of MRI scanner hither and thither (and maiming some poor people trying to paddle a kayak, badly)
Yes, it is Volvago.

I mean, it's only in the sketch stage for now, but there is power there already, dont you think?
Get back to me Duane, when you have a moment.
There's more...

D

Deleted member 26715

I've already explained the relevance. It was a large natural disaster, on a scale that prevented the authorities from offering timely assistance.

The relevance being that we are suffering natural disasters here also, and there isn't a lot the authorities can do about it.

This being the case, the sensible citizen is prepared for such events. The mafia are unlikely to bother about Doncaster, so self reliance is the key.

I don't really think I can make it any simpler than that, although I could draw a cartoon perhaps if that would make it easier for you to fathom? Everyone else seems to have figured it out.
Please refrain from your arrogance just because I don't agree with you it only belittles your argument

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Arrogant? Perhaps.

Hungry when my house is cut off by flood water? Definitely not.

You don't agree with preparedness. That's fair enough. What alternative do you propose?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh, here's that explanatory drawing I promised.

Top Bottom