The Rapture is coming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
They can afford mobile phones with which to complain about it.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't know your manor, but if its prone to flooding and everyone knows it then such a thing would be sensible, rather than relying on the volunteer flood responders at LR or MR to deliver your Big Mac.

Yawns ...

What's wrong with simple hunting and fishing?
What is there to hunt in your locality.
Flooding will severely hampering any fishing attempts,
so will strong winds.
Transport will be hit if roads are flooded, power out means
traffic congestion at best, downed trees will stop most movement.

like the man says, plan in time.

screenman

Legendary Member
I don't know your manor, but if its prone to flooding and everyone knows it then such a thing would be sensible, rather than relying on the volunteer flood responders at LR or MR to deliver your Big Mac.

Not prone to flooding, it was a river over a mile away that broke a bank, one mile and half section of our two routes into Lincoln is now 6 foot under water. I do agree people should look after themselves more, but not all are as fortunate as some others.

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-lincolnshire-50381098/flooding-barlings-eau-river-breach-leaves-farmer-cut-off

stephec

Legendary Member
I think people do stock up, during the big snowfall last year our local Tesco was stripped of loaves in a couple of hours.

It's a good job there's a Warburton's bakery 5 miles up the road to restock them the day after.

See now there's a way of being prepared, live near a bakery. :smile:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
You do need a flood warning system and the EA's is supposed to work but it seems to have gone badly awry. A lot of money spent on computer modelling that seems to have been caught on the hop

There's a lot you can do with a few hours notice - move pets to cattery/kennels etc, young children to in-laws/parents, documents and valuables moved upstairs or offsite, get cars to high ground etc.

What you can't do is take all the responsibility yourself. If you did, you would be doing these panic measures every time there is prolonged heavy rain and this is clearly not sustainable. By the time it becomes obvious there's going to be flooding and you need to do something, its usually too late. Besides, how would you know you are at risk if the rain causing your shortly to arrive floodwater may not be anywhere near you? It could be coming from rainfall many miles away and you've had a dry day, unaware of any problems.

classic33

Leg End Member
What is there to hunt in your locality.
Flooding will severely hampering any fishing attempts,
so will strong winds.
Transport will be hit if roads are flooded, power out means
traffic congestion at best, downed trees will stop most movement.

like the man says, plan in time.
We've deer, rabbit, geese, ducks, all wild. Bow for killing. As for cooking/lighting/radio, camping equipment.
Solar powered chargers for phone/radio, AA, AAA & 12v batteries.

screenman

Legendary Member
Been down to see the sea/ lake surrounding the farm, somebody did drive a X5 into it yesterday, I did not see any deer, although I think the farmer may have a few beast in the sheds.

Top Bottom