the recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
another 38miler today in the sun shine.
went to see doc today says every thing is ok still a bit of a gap in the bone and they cant take my bolts out until it heals i go back to see him in six months.
this will be a blow for my manager as he thinks i will be clambering about in lofts in 3 weeks, the pain i am constantly in is because of the gap, bolts sticking in to joint when i put weight on it and probably will not lessen until the bolts come out but there is no guarantee it will stop then.
so looks like i will be sat at a desk answering phones for a bit. Saturday is my first session of physiotherapy, just think what a state i would be in if i left it up to the nhs and just sat in the house for the past 4 months, like my boss says i should.

n-ick

Yo Cosmo,beware physios, they excell at S&M.

best advice; put on the effects of being in constant pain.
Stick some drawing pins in various parts of your body and
wire them up to the nearest electrical point.

Tha'll be behind a desk until they wheel you up to crem.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yo MarkgO. Interesting news. Also good to see the spell checker is working!:tongue:

Remember the Yorkshire Guide to telephone answering.

1. On hearing the phone ring, first ignore it, it's probably someone ringing the wrong number.
2. If it keeps ringing, pick up the handset and replace immediately.
3. If it rings again, pick up the receiver and say; "Na' then, what's tha' want?"
4. If they want anything that will cost you or your firm money tell them to; "Bugger off!"
5. When accepting calls from Lancashire be sure to be unhelpful and bloody minded.
6. On second thoughts, apply #s 4 and 5 to all calls. It'll save you time and money.

n-ick

Yep, good advice mate.
I used to "count up to number 8,
make them sweat, make them wait".

Then either press transfer or divert to answerphone.

!0 years in t'office did it for me matey.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i have been trying to phone work and let them know what the doctor said, they don't answer and no reply to the voice mail messages i have left. they should get some one on the phone it is disgraceful!

n-ick

Yo Cosmo, get in there and phone yourself up.

If there's no answer then leave a message.
If tha' gets someone talking on sense at all ,
then look in t'mirror and check if lips move.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
9 miles on the handbike today, apparently mc donalds don't allow hpv through there drive through" it is for health and safety" er "so you wont me to pull up in-between the cars in the car park and shout for some one to come out to serve me????", "yes", "in-between and out of sight of the window you take orders from? where i am far more likely to get run in to by people reversing ect without looking?", "yes", "well i think it is far safer to come through the drive through where the car drivers cant miss seeing me", "you cant!", "i know it is not company policy as i have been to lots of your drive through and never had a problem before", "you cant, because of health and safety", "well i am going to continue coming through this way", " you cant", "well don't serve me then and i will just sit here", "we will serve you this time but not again", "ok". went to the next window and got my coffee.
so tune in next time cripple stages drive through sit-in news at ten here we come.

byegad

Legendary Member
You're onto a loser. They've been pilloried for this over and over again. They don't give a monkey's.

Why on earth do you want to eat that muck for anyway?

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
just pop in for a coffee as it is just the right spot in the ride and adjacent to the cycle path, you just pull of the path and straight in to the drive through lain, you have to cross the drive through to get to the car park.
as you know i don't like to mention it, but i am a bit poorly, i can just roll up to the window without having to walk.
look every one has got to have a hobby, my new one is puffed up manager baiting :whistle:

byegad

Legendary Member
A bit poorly?:ohmy:

You should have mentioned it! :biggrin:

Is the hand trike because of your leg, or is it just another way to torture your battered little body?

n-ick

If tha ' cuts tha ' legs off, tha' could go faster wi' hand trike. Next stage will be a hand unicycle.

I wouldn't go to MacShites if I was starviin.

I've got a" MacShite" t shirt that you can have at York, remind me.

I think I've solved a lot of your problems, anyone who annoys me , I tell 'em
"I'm Mark Dunstan from Rawmarsh".

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
yes the hand bike is for my leg???? er well my arms and not my leg, but dose help my leg have a rest when the rest of me is not, we are not separating or anything and are still on speaking terms but now and again a leg needs its space and i respect that! the use of indescribable searing pain can get excessive, with mutual agreement are seeing a therapist visa-vis reducing this.

Top Bottom