the recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i had a word with the bloke that put them in, there is a chance they will have to chop the ends off as one is sticking out of my leg now you can see it through the skin stretched over it :unsure: so could have a titanium nose stud the next time you see me.:becool:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
what cosmic force arrange it so that cyclist with them old fashioned dangerous two wheeled bikes magically appear as you hit the bottom of a steep hill! never just as you crest it on to the long slightly down hill rolling section of the ride and dose having some thing stuffed up your bum make you deaf as when i say hi, how do ect i get stone silence???

n-ick

Aye, Cosmo. You will notice that the pain distrubuted by a hard saddle is directly related to the lack of communication.
This has reached an evolutionary extreme in some BMX bikes where the saddle is actually removed. This introduces a moronic state of non road cyclism and the need to ride on railings and steps.
You will also observe that the constant gripping of handlebars and a rictus like stare at the road surface, in conjunction with compulsary Lycra will also produce such a state.

I suggest your solution is a Burmese puppet mask with pointed facial hair and an insane grin.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
day off today had hydrotherapy and a push around medowhall in the wheel chair.
i have moved the fairing up and back and it seems to be a bit better now riding in to strong head winds over the past weekend i noticed less breeze getting to my chest. i was only down by 3mph on a flat stretch of road into a strong head wind and left two men on road bikes in my dust, i thought of pointing out i am a cripple but as you all know by now i dont like to mention it.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
on a meagre downer today, i had to go in to work for a sickness interview, the manager accused me of not being ill "we have seen you out on your bike if you can ride that you are not as ill as you are making out" it sort of went down hill from there, needles to say i am not a happy bunny.

I think a call to my union office and hr is on the cards for Monday morning.

plantfit

Guru
Been through similar myself, collapsed when on holiday, doctor said blood pressure far too high and I'm heading for a heart attack or stroke, manager tells me to get a cert off the doc and stay off work, didn't want too but did as I was told, went back to work couple of weeks later, manager said still don't look good get another cert and stay off work, did that then he pulled me in front of HR, they tell me there's two reasons why people are off long term, "long term sick or long term skive and there's nothing wrong with you except a touch of catarrh", doctors don't know what they're talking about but HR do?? those that know me know how I struggle with the breathing on the slightest of gradients, don't trust the sods Mark and look after yourself

Roger

n-ick

If push comes to shove, play the stress card. They'll back off pretty soon then, it also helps that you look the part.

Perhaps a few facial piercings, feathers in your hair and t'ferrets on each shoulder would help.

Better still make out you're t' French powder monkey.

Top Bottom