the recovery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Always a problem when you're off sick. Either stay home and delay your recovery or go out once the worst is over and get spotted. I just hope no one at work reads cycle chat! :biggrin:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
they are all fat, lazy, self-centred, bigoted racist, narrow minded gits. who use sick leave to extend there holiday allowance every year so naturally think every one ells dose the same.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes it'll be fine. We tell 'em how well you ran up and down stairs at Bike Right and they sack you. After that no more hassle form the "fat, lazy, self-centred, bigoted racist, narrow minded gits." :biggrin:

No don't thank us. Think nothing of it!

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
as you know, i dont like to let people know i am a bit ill, so i was cheating a bit i was using horse dope. it has taken the shine off the last two rides i have done :sad: but i will not be intimidated no no no come the revelation, i will name names and personally pull the trigger on some starting at the feet and working up with a very small calibre weapon or just use thousands of blunt hat pins dipped in bleach.:angry:

well back to the recovery, i did my mid range ride pushing hard, i am not seeing any improvement with walking after starting to use only on crutch the hip feels sloppy like it is slipping in and out of the socket :wacko: a very iky feeling (this is a technical term ) i was thinking of squirting in a bit of expanding foam in.

byegad

Legendary Member
Maybe you should change your name and sex. No one from your work is going to connect you with a trike riding blonde named Mandy.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
there is a smidgen of inbreeding in the village, try and mug some of the women round here and you would not survive. the extra toes come in handy for weaving while sat outside there council pyramids.

n-ick

[size="+2"] `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.[/size]

[size="+2"]
jabberwocky.jpg
[/size][size="+2"]
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"[/size]

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i had yesterday off, going out for a ride when my lad gets home to lift the bike out for me.
i have to go back in for yet another disciplinary meeting! with the head of hr, my gmb convener thinks my manager is a **** and as acording to occupational health i now fall under the disability act as i have bit of string and gaffer tape holding me together, it should be as much about putting him straight as having another go at me.
i will be looking at the calender and booking another meet up ride, when the Bakewell to Buxton trail is fully open or one before that just to have a trundle around.

n-ick

Best advice, put everyone straight and in their place.
Don't forget to pick up your P45 on the way out.

These days you have to bite your tongue
and take the money from the Man.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/246359 the speed limit on this sight is 33mph i hit 39 mph several times! NOT UP HILL
today's ride was looking at the new barnsly bicycle path.
start in manvers way industrial estate, all of road (apart from crossing some roads) good surface but i found the tarmac/gravel top not as fast rolling as the road, reasonably flat as well i would recommend riding in to barnsly tot pub fer a spot of tiffin then back along to the cudeth link as you get to the end you can jump on to a disused rail link that joins up with the trans pennine trail but is a lot better surface. it would be about a 22mile rid if you come back along the road way.

Top Bottom