The Renault advert, 120 years, forefront of innovation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
I've never been in the business but I know a couple of people who are and I've seen enough of people who have bought those three makes to steer clear.
If you buy any of those three brand new, sometimes they have problems but once they are fixed they are fine for a while. But once they're past their first MOT, they seem to be designed with in-built obsolescence. Everyone loves driving a new Mercedes or a new BMW, but once they are a few years old they start shedding bits and if you have to use an authorized repair centre it's wallet-raping time. If I were buying from a used car dealer I'd buy a Ford or Mazda, Honda, Nissan, or maybe a Peugeot. Not a Renault. I've never known anyone who bought a Renault and didn't regret it.

I've not had problems with any of my car's though .

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Guru
If someone has had, for example 36 cars in the last 3 years (changed every month), then having 36 cars suddenly does not seem like an impressive or relevant number.

If someone says they've had 3 Renault's over the last 36 years, and then wants to talk about the reliability, that's seems more relevant.

Ps: just giving Renault as an example, it could be any car.

I've had quite a few cars over the years but never kept them for long enough to be a reliable source of the cara, uhm, reliability (pun) .

Top Bottom