The responsibilities of a taxi driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Actually, I don't know whether or not to report it to the police or just the taxi firm.

I'd ring the taxi firm first. Just calmly explain that you've had a couple of run-ins with one of their drivers over the last couple of days and you want to resolve it. Might get them on side if you say 'I don't want to get the guy into trouble, I just want to sort it out.'

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Agreed.

But it looks like all your ranting at drivers has come back to haunt you though.
I havent said anything to this guy.

No, but his car is pretty distinguishable amongst others (white Vauxhall Astra Estate).
I hadn't read the whole thread for reasons I'll keep to myself considering how sensitive people seem to be about Matthew.

I have now read it, (as I was curious why I got the responses I did to was a light hearted remark, hence the smiley), and as a result I have deleted it.

Yes. It wasnt setup for night riding (it was dark) but I can remember a fairly good description of the driver and car. Got footage of yesterday aswell.

Good, I'd avoid posting it on the internet. If it happens again you need to report it as harassment. Your evidence will be enough to serve the driver and potentially passenger with harassment orders. 3 HO's and it is a custodial sentence.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I seriously hope that this isnt going to get progressively worse with this driver. Today he nearly ran me over, filmed me, followed me, and at one point I thought he was going to swerve at me.

This guy has some real anger issues and I feel sorry for his passengers.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Good, I'd avoid posting it on the internet. If it happens again you need to report it as harassment. Your evidence will be enough to serve the driver and potentially passenger with harassment orders. 3 HO's and it is a custodial sentence.
Thanks for the info. Do you mean 3 dealings with the driver for a HO or 3 HO's?

Thanks for the info. Do you mean 3 dealings with the driver for a HO or 3 HO's?

3 HO's. However, he'd get the first if he comes near you again, then every time he comes near you after that he gets a subsequent one. Usually the original one is enough to scare an idiot off this kind of behaviour. He's probably just an arse who's seen your footage online. Try to avoid confrontation though, even idiots have friends.

Top Bottom