The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
One of my grandsons had his first driving lesson the other day. God help everyone who was on the road. ^_^

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Been shopping........need to recover........too stressful......:wacko:

IMG_20190219_125740758.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
No alarm today (or ever again).

Off to pick up the motorhome in a few minutes. Mrs. jg quite excited. Me, less so. Still think it could be a money pit.
I am with @Dirk on this. You have to make sure you really use it or its dead money. We spent a lot of money on a static. All mod cons and lovely sea views. But we just didnt use it often enough. Fortunately the site owner wanted our spot for developing so when we sold it we didnt take a massive hit.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I am with @Dirk on this. You have to make sure you really use it or its dead money. We spent a lot of money on a static. All mod cons and lovely sea views. But we just didnt use it often enough. Fortunately the site owner wanted our spot for developing so when we sold it we didnt take a massive hit.
We spend approximately 3 months a year away in the caravan. I would not buy a brand new van.
Taking into consideration the amount of use, type of use and type of sites we use....I'd be scared of scratching a new one and also taking the depreciation hit.
There's a sweet spot with vans and motorhomes where it makes most financial sense - usually somewhere between 5 to 10 years old.
I worked it out the other day and figured that I'd actually made a £60 profit on my old caravan after 4 years and over 250 nights away.
Now, that I can live with. :smile:

Top Bottom