The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Amazon looks promising.

The argos one Classic mentions is £9.99

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Bit dull and windy on Bodmin Moor this morning.
Off to Liskeard first thing to fill up with diesel and to buy a new sat nav from Argos; my old TomTom decided to stop working yesterday after 15 years!
I believe it's a software glitch that can possibly be sorted, but I need to connect it to my desktop to try to sort it - and I won't be home until later in the week.
We're nipping down to Looe later for lunch.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
We've had a disaster tonight, I've killed the TV remote, I'm hoping that maybe once it's dried overnight it might start working again, with the TV being about eight years old getting a replacement might be difficult. I sat down on the settee and the remote shot off it and dropped right in my cup of tea.

thats-uhhhh-thats-a-bummer-man.jpg

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Bit dull and windy on Bodmin Moor this morning.
Off to Liskeard first thing to fill up with diesel and to buy a new sat nav from Argos; my old TomTom decided to stop working yesterday after 15 years!
I believe it's a software glitch that can possibly be sorted, but I need to connect it to my desktop to try to sort it - and I won't be home until later in the week.
We're nipping down to Looe later for lunch.

If you've got to fill up with diesel why not buy a road atlas at the garage for a couple of quid then sort your Tom Tom when you get home?

Another money saving tip brought to you by a tight Yorkshireman.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
If you've got to fill up with diesel why not buy a road atlas at the garage for a couple of quid then sort your Tom Tom when you get home?

Another money saving tip brought to you by a tight Yorkshireman.
Already carry a full set of OS maps for any area we visit.;)
I prefer using a sat nav, but not using it blindly, as it makes life easier.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We've had a disaster tonight, I've killed the TV remote, I'm hoping that maybe once it's dried overnight it might start working again, with the TV being about eight years old getting a replacement might be difficult. I sat down on the settee and the remote shot off it and dropped right in my cup of tea.
No TV remote? I see a night of passion for you :smooch:

Top Bottom