The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hello! Looking like a great day here. One of the guys collecting me at 10.30 to meet up with the ride at the cafe for breakfast. The young man is 36 years younger than me - great credit to him for thinking of this.

Turbo next and gardening when I get back.

I'm seriously thinking about getting back on my bike this week. I know I'm ready and this morning's cafe offer may just prove to be the push I need.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning folkseses.
Looks OKish out there although a bit windy.
Mrs D out to visit her aunty and I have my list of jobs :wacko:.
After we got that virus thingymajig 2 weeks ago our morning exercise regime took a dive. Dont feel like it today as I imbibed while watching Lpool beat Chelsea yesterday......but I promise to resume tomorrow (the exercises, not the imbibing).

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello! Looking like a great day here. One of the guys collecting me at 10.30 to meet up with the ride at the cafe for breakfast. The young man is 36 years younger than me - great credit to him for thinking of this.

Turbo next and gardening when I get back.

I'm seriously thinking about getting back on my bike this week. I know I'm ready and this morning's cafe offer may just prove to be the push I need.
Good weather is promised so maybe this is the moment....go for it (but take it easy)

classic33

Leg End Member
Bit dull and windy on Bodmin Moor this morning.
Off to Liskeard first thing to fill up with diesel and to buy a new sat nav from Argos; my old TomTom decided to stop working yesterday after 15 years!
I believe it's a software glitch that can possibly be sorted, but I need to connect it to my desktop to try to sort it - and I won't be home until later in the week.
We're nipping down to Looe later for lunch.
Worth a pre wander gander.
https://m.megalithic.co.uk/topics.php?countries=1

D

Deleted member 1258

Good weather is promised so maybe this is the moment....go for it (but take it easy)

Yes, its looking good, but unfortunately my ride oportunities aren't great, this mornings ride is off, my Good Lady is down the doctors for tests this morning and the Comunity nurse is here this afternoon, hoping to ride tomorrow. Thursday we are out with the other wrinklies, coach trip to Stratford Upon Avon, and a fish and chip supper so no ride, looking at Saturday if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm with you there. Much prefer to use my Sat Nav. I am really crap at reading maps. :laugh:
My missus is brilliant at map reading.;)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Having a cup of tea, Am waiting for our new lawn to arrive, then all i have to do is lay it. was going to go artificial, but decided to go with the real thing, it's better for the birds and insects. will also give me an extra job to do every now and then, thats the only down side, i don't need anymore jobs.:okay:
Probably the best decision. A guy near here put artificial down about 3 years ago.. site was well prepared and it looked nice for a while but I see weeds popping up through it now and it is looking a bit of a mess.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Probably the best decision. A guy near here put artificial down about 3 years ago.. site was well prepared and it looked nice for a while but I see weeds popping up through it now and it is looking a bit of a mess.

A friend of a friend had their artificial grass lawn stolen. Mebbe an urban myth but it is expensive, very portable and difficult to make secure so could be true.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Having a cuppa. Watching the other half trying to level the top soil
IMG-20190415-WA0006.jpeg

Top Bottom