The Retirement Thread

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dirk, 6 Apr 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

Already carry a full set of OS maps for any area we visit.;)
    I prefer using a sat nav, but not using it blindly, as it makes life easier.

2. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

I'm with you there. Much prefer to use my Sat Nav. I am really crap at reading maps. :laugh:

3. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Taking your dog to the dentist for a checkup... I guessed you were posh but thats pushing it :ohmy:

Paulus, 172traindriver, Dirk and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

No TV remote? I see a night of passion for you :smooch:

172traindriver and Dirk like this.
  5. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

A tight Yorkshire man? Now there's a thing :rolleyes:

6. PaulSB

PaulSB Legendary Member

Hello! Looking like a great day here. One of the guys collecting me at 10.30 to meet up with the ride at the cafe for breakfast. The young man is 36 years younger than me - great credit to him for thinking of this.

Turbo next and gardening when I get back.

I'm seriously thinking about getting back on my bike this week. I know I'm ready and this morning's cafe offer may just prove to be the push I need.

7. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Morning folkseses.
    Looks OKish out there although a bit windy.
    Mrs D out to visit her aunty and I have my list of jobs :wacko:.
    After we got that virus thingymajig 2 weeks ago our morning exercise regime took a dive. Dont feel like it today as I imbibed while watching Lpool beat Chelsea yesterday......but I promise to resume tomorrow (the exercises, not the imbibing).

8. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Good weather is promised so maybe this is the moment....go for it (but take it easy)

9. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Having a cup of tea, Am waiting for our new lawn to arrive, then all i have to do is lay it. was going to go artificial, but decided to go with the real thing, it's better for the birds and insects. will also give me an extra job to do every now and then, thats the only down side, i don't need anymore jobs.:okay:

10. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

That might have happened ten years ago, not now though, my Good ladies poor health means it wont happen. :sad:

172traindriver, Dave7 and Dirk like this.
  11. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Worth a pre wander gander.
    https://m.megalithic.co.uk/topics.php?countries=1

172traindriver, jongooligan and Dirk like this.
  12. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

Yes, its looking good, but unfortunately my ride oportunities aren't great, this mornings ride is off, my Good Lady is down the doctors for tests this morning and the Comunity nurse is here this afternoon, hoping to ride tomorrow. Thursday we are out with the other wrinklies, coach trip to Stratford Upon Avon, and a fish and chip supper so no ride, looking at Saturday if I can.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2019
  13. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

172traindriver, classic33 and dave r like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Dirk

Dirk If 6 Was 9

My missus is brilliant at map reading.;)

15. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

Probably the best decision. A guy near here put artificial down about 3 years ago.. site was well prepared and it looked nice for a while but I see weeds popping up through it now and it is looking a bit of a mess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice