The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Barcelona sea front is one of my worst nightmare. To many people to close together. But the town is great. So much to see. Will post pics later.

Goldy

New..... To me shopping/winter hack has arrived. Needs a couple of tyres I've swapped the pedals to my old kona ones. A bit of fettling and we're good to go
IMG_20190821_144838.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sitting in a bar in Barcelona watching the world go by. Jumped on a tour bus this morning. It's an amazing city. It just buzzing. Just ordered a burger.to much tappas. If only I could find bangers mash and beans ^_^
Love that city. Used to go there every year for work (i know, somebody had to to it). Used to spend 3-5 days. Always got the same hotel just off the Ramblas.
I just loved walking the Ramblas and if I felt rich I would sit in the middle with a large beer^_^.
One day I went on a (planned) walk up to the Familial then to the main park, all the way to the Nou Camp (spelling??) and back in a big loop. 12 miles in total. I was knackered.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
The rubbing noise coming from my front offside wheel has now been fixed.

A plate behind the brakes was rubbing which caused the noise. Mr WD just bent it out of the way a bit and ta dah..no more noise. :wahhey:
So why didn't the garage man see that then ?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Nice ride today. 65.5 miles, 4154 feet, 14.7avg and 18 PBs on the climbs. Delighted with this and very surprised.

One of our number ignored the advice to dismount and use the footbridge. Rear mech in wheel. Front tube exploded and blew hole in tyre sidewall, first new tube pinched, second new tube successful. Took 55 minutes and we were only two miles from the cafe!!! :laugh:

received_2373763766011614.jpeg

Last edited:

Cavalol

Guru
Been a pretty good day today. The recovery driver came for the old 405, and I went to have three old tattoos rejuvenated. Cycled down in my t-shirt because it looked nice, so of course it absolutely bombed down later but I missed he worse coming home. Just as I arrived home, the recovery driver was back the motor I'd swapped the 405 for and I now own a 1991 P100 pick-up that smokes like an oil rig fire.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I severely miffed someone today. As I said this morning I was selling my record collection. One potential buyer was coming at 12. Another wanted to get to first and was coming at 11. At 10AM someone else called and said he could be with me in ten minutes. He turnd up, looked at the records, we did a deal and off he went. I texted the others to say they had been sold. One went ballistic. I got quite nasty texts, then phone calls. We had a row on the phone. He was quite upset to say the least. He had withdrawn the money and was on his way etc etc.
This was the first time I have sold anything on Gumtree or Ebay. Did I breach protocol by selling on a first come first served basis. The potential buyers were told?

Last edited:
Top Bottom