The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
It's sort of bad manners, but then because Gumtree seems to be mostly made up of 98% penniless idiots, maybe you were right to take the first money. I can see the other person's point of view to an extent, it's not especially nice when it happens.

Have to say though experience tells me the ones who go the most mad are the ones who saw a bargain and probably had a buyer lined up. I would 100% block his number though, that sort of thing is the reason to just have your email address on there, in fact they can't even see that.,so it's a double bonus.

*Countless edits due to appalling punctuation.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Personally @Paulus I would have told the others that someone had already phoned first to say they were coming at 12. I would have taken their number and said that if the 1st person decided not to have them, then I would ring the 2nd person to call and offer him the chance to see the records.

My grandson saw a car for sale that sounded ideal for him. He rang the person selling the car only to be told that someone had already phoned and were first to look at the car. The person selling it said if they decided not to buy then they would phone my grandson and offer him the chance to look at it.

Sorry to hear that you had some problems

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Personally @Paulus I would have told the others that someone had already phoned first to say they were coming at 12. I would have taken their number and said that if the 1st person decided not to have them, then I would ring the 2nd person to call and offer him the chance to see the records.
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
This is the most ethical thing to do.
I've had a similar experience as a buyer of a car (from a dealer, no less).
Arranged to see the car, confirmed that I was the first to ring up about it and told him I would be along at a certain time, a couple of hours later that day.
I told him where I was coming from as it was a 90 mile round trip.
I arrived on time only to be told that he had sold it - 'to one of his mates' - about an hour after I'd phoned.
To say I was not happy was an understatement. It's not often I lose my temper, but he came very close to waking up with a crowd around him that morning.
I managed to get him to cough up for my fuel costs though, which was of little consolation as the car looked a good 'un. :angry:

Cavalol

Guru
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
This is the most ethical thing to do.
I've had a similar experience as a buyer of a car (from a dealer, no less).
Arranged to see the car, confirmed that I was the first to ring up about it and told him I would be along at a certain time, a couple of hours later that day.
I told him where I was coming from as it was a 90 mile round trip.
I arrived on time only to be told that he had sold it - 'to one of his mates' - about an hour after I'd phoned.
To say I was not happy was an understatement. It's not often I lose my temper, but he came very close to waking up with a crowd around him that morning.
I managed to get him to cough up for my fuel costs though, which was of little consolation as the car looked a good 'un. :angry:

It's crap when that happens, you think he'd have at least rang you to say. It would have been annoying, but less expensive and time wasting. Bloke I know travelled couple of hundred miles to bike a motorbike trailer (he was picking a bike up from same area as trailer) and had the same treatment as yourself.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
The Pensioners Court sentences you to wearing a used pair of @Drago 's Y Fronts over your face for a month. :laugh:

And then a pair of @welsh dragons unwashed bloomers for a month :laugh:

Top Bottom