The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The time it usually happens is sitting quietly outside with a drink. Then it enters my head that just one would be great. Of course it's never just one which is why it took me so long to kick the habit.

Guess what I was doing this evening ^_^

I can't imagine what it must be like with alcohol or hard drugs.
I read that cigarettes can be more quickly addictive than hard drugs. Fortunately I have never smoked (apart from one I nicked from a shop when I was 12).

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We are meeting up next week and she has promised to model the new leather look ones for me. I will try to sneak a photo and send it to you......but you mustn't tell her.
il_794xN.1200050719_qx12.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning.........:rain::rain::rain: but at least the wind is not as strong as forecast.

Regular readers will recall I committed to meeting our guys on LeJog. I really, really don't want to do this but it's important. Had to put lights on charge and it's going to be full wet weather gear.

Need to get a shift on as light mounts need moving to winter bike, tyre check etc.

Think of me ...... :bicycle::bicycle:
Serious question. What is your "full wet weather gear" ie what does it consist of?
I only have a light rain jacket as I am a fair weather cyclist (its not breathable and I sweat in it).
Edit.
Just realised my winter jacket is waterproof although its never been out in the rain :tongue:)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Officially 'orrible here.
Wednesday is normally golf but not today.
Think I said previously, the ToB is all on the Wirral today. So today is a TV day for my and Mrs D.
So......first, another go on the exercise bike.
Then tv on with croissants, strawberries and a bottle of bubbly while we watch all the places of our youth. We might even see the place where we first.....nah I doubt it :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Of course you do.....
Yes......seriously. :giggle:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Serious question. What is your "full wet weather gear" ie what does it consist of?
I only have a light rain jacket as I am a fair weather cyclist (its not breathable and I sweat in it).
Edit.
Just realised my winter jacket is waterproof although its never been out in the rain :tongue:)
I have a goretex jacket, but it's more like a “boil in the bag”, I try not to ride in the rain more so if on my trike.

Top Bottom