The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
On yesterdays ride I passed a woman cyclist heading the opposite way. Approx 200 yards on there was really loud bang and I thought she had come off. Went back to help and found she had had a blowout. First time Ive ever seen/heard that.

I've encountered that a few times and had it happen to me. All my fault in my case. I was on my tourer and hadn't noticed the rear tyre was badly worn. Riding down a gravel path, fully loaded, BANG!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My mate's tyre exploded in Cambridge some years back. The sound would of had @Drago diving for cover behind old ladies and Armed response units called. It turned out that the brake block was misaligned and was slightly rubbing on the tyre. We had done about 50 miles before it finally gave out. Quite an impressive noise

D

Deleted member 1258

I've encountered that a few times and had it happen to me. All my fault in my case. I was on my tourer and hadn't noticed the rear tyre was badly worn. Riding down a gravel path, fully loaded, BANG!!

Happened to me on a club ride, caused by a tyre failure, the bead parted company with the sidewall, the bang had a mate shouting "keep the noise down Dave, we're trying to sleep at the back" ^_^ he then helped me sort it, he was carrying a tyre boot.

D

Deleted member 1258

We got down the club this afternoon to find that not only had my Good Lady won the bonus ball the week we were away, but had won it this week as well, not only that but I'd won one of the small prizes both weeks, we walked out 90 quid up. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave7

Legendary Member
That's ok Dave. Just looking out for a mate ;)
I couldn't get any tobasco sauce but I had some deep heat so used that liberally.
The hotel is threatening to sue me for the hole in the ceiling where my head went through.
The woman in the room above is suing as she had her fancy man in and my head happened to get between them. I apologised but she seemed a bit angry for some reason.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
You need to cauterise your sphincter muscles to ensure a swift recover. A good dollop of tobasco sauce on your loo roll and a thorough wipe will seal the wound permanently. No pain, no gain.
I've just dried and ground up some Chillis. I'm inundated with the darn things, so I reckoned Chilli powder would be the best way to keep them.
I put them in an airtight container after I'd ground them up..............................I then had a sniff, just to see what they smelled like.......................:stop:
An hour later, I still feel like I've been pepper sprayed in the face from 12".
Won't be doing that again. 🥵

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good morning. It's dark but sticking my head outside suggests a benign weather day. Slept through till 6.20 which is great - eight hours straight. I note with some trepidation Mrs P left the marital bed during the night. This can mean one of two things; I was snoring or she couldn't sleep. Hopefully it's the latter!!:tired:

First job is to collect the winter bike from the LBS and drop the summer one in. They have some rather good winter boots. I might take my winter socks along "just" to see how they feel. 🤔

Probably going to spend time on the allotment today.

Our new porch is progressing well. The lads should begin building the fitted cupboard today and finish tomorrow.

Top Bottom