The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Good Afternoon. 70 miles today at an average of 15.8. Not bad as this included a notorious local. Pleased to PB by 11 seconds on said climb - Jeffrey Hill.

I suspect I'm making tea tonight. Time to rummage around in the fridge and freezer.
Well done!
I managed to stagger home after 4 pints of Brains 'Rev James Original' at an average speed of 2.8 mph over 1.7 miles. Not a PB, I hasten to add. ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I've been dreading this and putting it off for a week but tomorrow is engraving day.

Tonight I have to sort out the club trophies, work out who won what and put a sticky label on the base of each for the engraver.

Get this wrong and I'll have a very embarrassing time at the Awards Night. 🤯
No chance of an "honest mistake" that could show how much work you do?

Drago

Legendary Member
Night Johnboy.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Good day to you all. I've been up and about for an hour so managed about seven hours sleep.....I've known it worse. Thermometer says 7C but it feels warmer. Clear and still so hoping for a beautiful day.

Out at 09.00 for a 45/50 miler. "I fancy something flat and gentle" the last words from the guy organising today. Always makes me deeply suspicious.

I think I'm getting a cold.

Angiogram tomorrow. I'm starting to psych myself up for that. Not the procedure as I'm confident in its relative simplicity and safety. It's the potential for what may be found. I feel so fit, well and healthy anything which challenges this is going to be tough to handle.

Top Bottom