The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aferris2

Guru
I was there for 3 years and never saw it all
We've been talking to people who have been touring round for 5 years or more. They haven't seen it all either.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@PaulSB ......congrats on your nice award. 2 questions.
1. Can I have your autograph please?
2. Will you still speak to us now that you
are famous? ^_^

I'm considering how best to handle the new found fame...................................meanwhile it's "tidied" :laugh:

It's 8C outside and I thought looked quite a reasonable day........................then I stuck my head out the back door to read the thermometer - it's drizzling. I plan a couple of hours on the allotment and then an afternoon with my feet up.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Molly walked and off to see my daughter on Anglesey shortly, then a stop at Halfords to buy new posh bottle holders for my Allez, making use of my brand new British Cycling card, and have a look at the Garmin Edge 820.
I casually mentioned it to my wife hoping she will take the hint for Christmas.
Can't ride today as it will be getting dark when I get back and rain forecast for tomorrow so my only hope is Monday as the forecast is good but....... someone is coming to assess our house as we are thinking of fostering a dog in the New Year so I hope he/she will come in the morning.
Has any of you ever fostered dogs? I like the idea but am afraid of getting too attached to them. I hope Molly won't be jealous.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm considering how best to handle the new found fame...................................meanwhile it's "tidied" :laugh:

It's 8C outside and I thought looked quite a reasonable day........................then I stuck my head out the back door to read the thermometer - it's drizzling. I plan a couple of hours on the allotment and then an afternoon with my feet up.
Thanks.
Strange thing.....I have an odd type of what I call dyslexia. Even as an 8 year old I always came top in reading but spelling has always been a problem.
Eg.....I just had to ask Mrs D is it dislexia or dyslexia. And the i before e thing, I get it wrong so often.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thanks.
Strange thing.....I have an odd type of what I call dyslexia. Even as an 8 year old I always came top in reading but spelling has always been a problem.
Eg.....I just had to ask Mrs D is it dislexia or dyslexia. And the i before e thing, I get it wrong so often.

I have a good friend who is similar. A very eloquent individual who has worked as a journalist, written a book and a host of other similar things but can't spell for a toffee. As you say it's a strange one.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm in the Lighthorne Pavilion cafe with a coffee and a sausage batch, its been an interesting ride down, the roads aren't bad but I was surprised to encounter fog when I got down to Harbury.

IMG_20191116_102017.jpg

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just been into the big toy shop in Barnstaple to get a Christmas present for a nephew.
Jeez! Talk about a warehouse full of plastic; and they want to save the planet for the kids? Absolute hypocrisy!
Place was full of screaming kids. Got out as quick as we could.
Fortunately, there's a bar across the road where we could recover.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just been into the big toy shop in Barnstaple to get a Christmas present for a nephew.
Jeez! Talk about a warehouse full of plastic; and they want to save the planet for the kids? Absolute hypocrisy!
Place was full of screaming kids. Got out as quick as we could.
Fortunately, there's a bar across the road where we could recover.
View attachment 493055
View attachment 493056
Not a beer for a session then;)

Top Bottom