The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I've been awake since 5.10. Mrs P has been throwing herself around the bed like I'm not sure what. Eventually I gave up and went downstairs. A doze will follow this coffee - I hope.

Our Awards Night went well, the general feeling was it was the best for several years. I was mightily relieved. My only involvement had been to "sell" the event to members. Every place bar one was taken so a good result. Fortunately the venue came up with the goods on the night.

I was very pleased to receive a trophy, something which came out of the blue. So I'm now the current holder of our "Members" Member of the Year" Award. Have to say after a rubbish year health wise this means a lot.

No idea what the weather is doing, too dark to tell!!
Congratulations, both on the success of the evening and on the award. 🍾

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning gang. Well done @PaulSB .

Seems to be even darker this morning. :hello:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
Another good sleep.....08.10 when I woke. Tiedied (spelling??) the place up, emptied the dishwasher and now enjoying my coffee.
I fear I must take issue with @Mo1959 ....if I may quote "couldn't be bothered" to post. Young lady, if everyone had that attitude we would have lost the war!!! Kids nowadays :blink:.
Blue sky and sunshine......I feel totally trapped not being able to get about.
I have one of those Novasonic ultrasound gizmos that normally helps. I had loaned it to someone several months ago. I got it back the other day and am using that.....I am sure it improves things.
@PaulSB ......congrats on your nice award. 2 questions.
1. Can I have your autograph please?
2. Will you still speak to us now that you
are famous? ^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen

Late checking in - usual weekend drill, lay in with Mrs D, muttley walked.

aferris2

Guru
Morning all. 8th....backing tracking a few posts from the other day #Australia, well I can't wait to get out there in January, sadly only for 3 weeks. :becool:
Which part are you going to? It's a huge country so you will only get to see a small part in 3 weeks.
We have just done the east coast from Sydney northwards in just under 3 months. Now racing down the middle. Alice Springs tomorrow where we saw the Queen 20 years ago. Don't suppose she will be there this time though.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all. 8th....backing tracking a few posts from the other day #Australia, well I can't wait to get out there in January, sadly only for 3 weeks. :becool:
I was out there last year for 2 months, what a great place. We travelled from west to east, then up to Cairns and the Daintree river and rain forest, and back to Perth. Then along the coast from Albany in the south to Ningaloo in the Northern part of WA. We had a blast.
Whereabouts are you going John?

aferris2

Guru
I was out there last year for 2 months, what a great place. We travelled from west to east, then up to Cairns and the Daintree river and rain forest, and back to Perth. Then along the coast from Albany in the south to Ningaloo in the Northern part of WA. We had a blast.
That's a lot of travelling to cover that much in just 2 months. We are going a bit slower. Just over 9 months left to complete our tour.

GM

Legendary Member
Which part are you going to? It's a huge country so you will only get to see a small part in 3 weeks.
We have just done the east coast from Sydney northwards in just under 3 months. Now racing down the middle. Alice Springs tomorrow where we saw the Queen 20 years ago. Don't suppose she will be there this time though.

I think I'm trying to squeeze too much in 3 weeks, but there's always the next time. 10 days in New Zealand South Island, 6 days in Melbourne and 5 days in Sydney 🦘. Just me and my daughter going so we can do some of the more adrenaline stuff. :smile:

Top Bottom