The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I were nowt burra lad.....
We, literally waded through calf high snow to get to school. No 4 wheel drives. No car actually. But schools didn't close.....we just kept going.
Aye, snow drifts half way up the ground floor windows and I was still expected to walk the 3 miles to school. And most of the teachers made it in, and they didn't live any closer to school back then than they do now. Were a nation of Ill prepared, self entitled weaklings. If a Hitler type figure kicked it all of now we'd be absolutely stuffed.

GM

Legendary Member
When I was an underwriter there was a firm of car repair people called bodget and scarper. :laugh:

Wasn't this chap, was it!......

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've been awake since 5.10. Mrs P has been throwing herself around the bed like I'm not sure what. Eventually I gave up and went downstairs. A doze will follow this coffee - I hope.

Our Awards Night went well, the general feeling was it was the best for several years. I was mightily relieved. My only involvement had been to "sell" the event to members. Every place bar one was taken so a good result. Fortunately the venue came up with the goods on the night.

I was very pleased to receive a trophy, something which came out of the blue. So I'm now the current holder of our "Members" Member of the Year" Award. Have to say after a rubbish year health wise this means a lot.

No idea what the weather is doing, too dark to tell!!

Top Bottom