The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I were nowt burra lad.....
We, literally waded through calf high snow to get to school. No 4 wheel drives. No car actually. But schools didn't close.....we just kept going.
Aye, snow drifts half way up the ground floor windows and I was still expected to walk the 3 miles to school. And most of the teachers made it in, and they didn't live any closer to school back then than they do now. Were a nation of Ill prepared, self entitled weaklings. If a Hitler type figure kicked it all of now we'd be absolutely stuffed.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My garage roof now has shiny new brown steel profile sheeting and eaves now and the house has new deep flow guttering and downpipes. I will shortly be a couple of grand poorer, but it was badly needing done. Wouldn’t know they had been. All nice and tidy.

GM

Legendary Member
When I was an underwriter there was a firm of car repair people called bodget and scarper. :laugh:

Wasn't this chap, was it!......

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've been awake since 5.10. Mrs P has been throwing herself around the bed like I'm not sure what. Eventually I gave up and went downstairs. A doze will follow this coffee - I hope.

Our Awards Night went well, the general feeling was it was the best for several years. I was mightily relieved. My only involvement had been to "sell" the event to members. Every place bar one was taken so a good result. Fortunately the venue came up with the goods on the night.

I was very pleased to receive a trophy, something which came out of the blue. So I'm now the current holder of our "Members" Member of the Year" Award. Have to say after a rubbish year health wise this means a lot.

No idea what the weather is doing, too dark to tell!!

Top Bottom