The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The BBC's just allowed Dominic Raab's 5G announcement to interrupt the weather forecaster. It couldn't wait just two minutes?

Dave7

Legendary Member
WoWza.....I was saying recently that I can't doze in the afternoon like some on here. Well, I've just had 50 minutes solid snooze^_^.
Late lunch was fresh bread butty with ham, chilli chutney and cheese.....yummy. then I put my head back and was gone. Life is good:rolleyes:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My shed is leaking in places , any advice or recommendations on what will plug the holes ? Itried Bostik , black and heavy tacky stuff , it worked for a few weeks only
I have tried Bostic bitumen paint and the wide tape to seal the joints and the galvanized nails, and it works to some extent as you found out. The only real fix is to re felt the roof with heavy duty felt. A lot of cheaper shed roof felt only lasts a few years.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Don't know about UK but my local Aldi have the most delicious little fruit called LYCHEES at a knock down price. I had never come across them before having being reared gnawing raw turnips for dessert . They look like a strawberry crossed with a hedgehog, but taste delicious. beware of the large stone in the middle

Drago

Legendary Member
Been busy since early with the rear end of the Smart in pieces, fixing the niggling intermittent ABS fault before I pass it on. I resent spending money that I don't have to (that's a game for mugs and workies) and have the time and skills, so why not. Its warm enough in the garage, and copious cups of tea kept the chill at bay.

About 3/4 done. While it was apart I cleaned up and painted the drive shafts and new ABS rotors, so ife left it now for the paint to dry. Keeps it looking g smart and slow future corrosion, shafts back in the box and hubs, rear brakes back on, refit the radius arms, refill the box, refit the bodywork and wheels and it's a good 'un.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Been busy since early with the rear end of the Smart in pieces, fixing the niggling intermittent ABS fault before I pass it on. I resent spending money that I don't have to (that's a game for mugs and workies) and have the time and skills, so why not. Its warm enough in the garage, and copious cups of tea kept the chill at bay.

About 3/4 done. While it was apart I cleaned up and painted the drive shafts and new ABS rotors, so ife left it now for the paint to dry. Keeps it looking g smart and slow future corrosion, shafts back in the box and hubs, rear brakes back on, refit the radius arms, refill the box, refit the bodywork and wheels and it's a good 'un.
My hat has been taken off to you.... well done sir.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Does beg the questions of who decides, and how they(and you) know.
There used to be a white wine called Cats P*ss on a Gooseberry Bush.
You raise a valid point although with poetic licence I mean......if it tastes like you 'imagine' cat p*ss to taste like.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have tried Bostic bitumen paint and the wide tape to seal the joints and the galvanized nails, and it works to some extent as you found out. The only real fix is to re felt the roof with heavy duty felt. A lot of cheaper shed roof felt only lasts a few years.
Even heavy duty felt does’nt last that long. My workshop/shed is leaking everywhere. The other shed has Onduline on it and it seems to have lasted. Get something better than felt for a non leaky roof.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Don't know about UK but my local Aldi have the most delicious little fruit called LYCHEES at a knock down price. I had never come across them before having being reared gnawing raw turnips for dessert . They look like a strawberry crossed with a hedgehog, but taste delicious. beware of the large stone in the middle
I first tried Lychees about 45 years ago in a Chinese restaurant. Liked them from the first taste.:okay:

Top Bottom