The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Seriously??
Tell me more.
Eddisons auction, believe it may have been where you've said you worked over there. Personal equipment left in parts of the building, You left in a small red van.

See Names and Faces. Someone mentions something

Dave7

Legendary Member
Eddisons auction, believe it may have been where you've said you worked over there. Personal equipment left in parts of the building, You left in a small red van.

See Names and Faces. Someone mentions something
No, sorry, not me.
Not heard of Eddisons auctions and never, as I recall, drove a red van.
Our factory was just outside Wakefield, a place called Crigglestone.

classic33

Leg End Member
I too am someone else , how many someone elses have you met
More than the odd one or two. Let's see, there's Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, West Houghton, Bury, Preston, Blackpool, Salford, Irlam, Rochdale...

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The last two pages have been quite bizarre............

Anyway. 54 miles with headwind for probably 50. Everyone very pleased we averaged 15.5. Serious bike issue a mile from home. Looked down and thought "hmmm, I'm sure the chain rings aren't elliptical." Stopped pulled and pushed cranks. No longer as solid as I'd wish.

Had a shower and done to my LBS. This is a carbon frame, there is a sleeve which is bonded in to the frame through which the bottom bracket is fitted. The sleeve is loose. Ian hopes he can get it out, clean and bond again to the frame. If though it has lugs to help hold it in place it won't come out. This means the frame is scrap. 😭

On the plus side, there is one?, I spent two hours rodding and flushing the drains which now flow beautifully. I got frigging cold doing that. Warming up with a tot of Brandy.

classic33

Leg End Member
The last two pages have been quite bizarre............

Anyway. 54 miles with headwind for probably 50. Everyone very pleased we averaged 15.5. Serious bike issue a mile from home. Looked down and thought "hmmm, I'm sure the chain rings aren't elliptical." Stopped pulled and pushed cranks. No longer as solid as I'd wish.

Had a shower and done to my LBS. This is a carbon frame, there is a sleeve which is bonded in to the frame through which the bottom bracket is fitted. The sleeve is loose. Ian hopes he can get it out, clean and bond again to the frame. If though it has lugs to help hold it in place it won't come out. This means the frame is scrap. 😭

On the plus side, there is one?, I spent two hours rodding and flushing the drains which now flow beautifully. I got frigging cold doing that. Warming up with a tot of Brandy.
In what way?

Top Bottom