The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
I've got far too many bikes. I actually lost count at one point. I should get rid of a few as it gets a pain for maintenance when they all need different sizes of chains, cassettes and even tyres. I currently have a mixture of 9, 10, 11 and 12 speed so even my spare quick links need to be specific. Lol. It would be nice if we could actually get the weather to get out on them.

We do have a brief dry spell to look forward to before the rain returns at lunchtime but it's cold and breezy.
Like Paul SB I am kind of emotionally attached to my bikes and like you I have far too many .:blush: I would never feel that with cars or motorbikes but the push bikes are different , they are all personal friends . I should unload some and am trying to work up to it . When people and friends ask me how many bikes I have I lie

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In the UK it would be the Maritime & Coastguard Agency. The other is an EU organization.

Possibly under the SOLAS Accord, which it could be argued he was actually complying with. Someone has too much time on their hands.
You are correct re the name. I was just going from memory. According to the farcebook page it is to be hoped the residents never find out. A lynch mob would be out.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good mid morning all. Got up not long ago and am about to take Molly for a walk. Going to the cinema this afternoon with two grand children to see Doctor Doolittle. We actually saw some of the making of it last year when we were in Yorkshire, I think it was in Kerby Longstale. They were filming on the market square. Rain forecasted for later so must get on before it comes.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Isn't the "rule" that all who are able to help a vessel in trouble do so?

I'd have said that's all he was doing, nothing else.
This is not the place really but you might like the true story of Dykes and Agnes [Their real names] who were saved from a watery grave in the Sound of Mull by the Fishnish/Lochaline ferry which lowered the loading ramp while on a routine crossing to allow them to step on board as their boat disappeared below the waves. This was a few years ago and one of the smaller Island Class boats.

All is well, I have hot cross buns :mrpig::mrpig:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Paulus the sleeve had failed because the bonding material was no longer bonding! No obvious reason but the feeling is the pedals might have taken a whack which damaged the outer seal and over the years has allowed salt, water and other crap to seep in and breakdown the bonding material. The sleeve appears to be lugged and can't be pushed out.

Ian did come up with a bodge but on balance we decided it was a bad area to bodge!! 😀

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
All is well, I have hot cross buns :mrpig::mrpig:

Me too - just had two of the lovely buggers for lunch.

Lovely Wife is out today and has hidden* the peanut butter from me so it was regular butter only on them today.

*She's been very devious as I've looked high and low for the seductive jar and can't find it anywhere. :sad:

Top Bottom