The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good evening campers, hope you are all keeping well ^_^:okay:

Just when you think it's safe, you pop up like a bad penny.:laugh::laugh:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning folks. Lashing down yet again. Surprise surprise. :hello:

Priti Patel can go forth. If you are not claiming any benefits she can't make anyone work.

There are plenty of people who are unemployed and claiming benefits. Get them working for the money they get.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I had to look it up last night when I heard that, as I didn't know what it was. And so am I. I am technically economically, and physically inactive at the moment..what a terrible combination :laugh::laugh:
Me too, technically I went 6 years early as my state pension doesn't kick in until I am 66, so I will be economically inactive for a while yet. Although I still pay income tax and VAT and council tax for dwindling services that my rubbish council keep cutting back on. The latest being the green bin collection for garden waste. From April they are going to charge £70 per year for a service that was paid for out of the council tax.

screenman

Legendary Member
Watch out anyone on here who hasn't reached state pension age - Priti Patel has included you - us - in the 8 million she believes are available to take up the low-paid jobs that EU workers are expected to vacate.

They could come and round up our Wednesday morning ride group I suppose, but good luck getting us to pick cabbages.

Being serious, friends of mine who own farms and other businesses related to the food industry are worried.

Top Bottom