The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, moaning won't help us. It is what it is - we either adapt or die. I expect by this time next year we'll be living in a kind of post apocalyptic Mad Max scenario, but with elderly pensioners picking the cabbages. Imagine an octagenarian Mel Gibson herorically picking more cabbages per hour that the oppressed masses, with a dodgy scottish accent.

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all. I we need to change the thread title to 'The economically inactive thread' :laugh:

Although I still pay income tax and VAT and council tax for dwindling services that my rubbish council keep cutting back on. The latest being the green bin collection for garden waste. From April they are going to charge £70 per year for a service that was paid for out of the council tax.

We got that leaflet through the door yesterday as well. Although I disagree with their plan in principle, we have signed up for it. It works out at £3.05 per collection, I thought it's not worth mucking the car up and petrol use to go to the skip.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We got that leaflet through the door yesterday as well. Although I disagree with their plan in principle, we have signed up for it. It works out at £3.05 per collection, I thought it's not worth mucking the car up and petrol use to go to the skip.
The tip is about 1 mile away from me so one trip a month for 9 months will cost me less than £35 a year. Also, it is also a matter of principle. They already only take the wheelie bin every 4 weeks , so what next?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Right.....off to Barnstaple now to mingle with stale piss and cabbage brigade.:laugh:
You have created such an attractive image that I imagine half of the retirees meeting you there.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. I we need to change the thread title to 'The economically inactive thread' :laugh:

Ours is £35.00 a year and they collect once every 2 weeks from March to mid December, so about 2 quid a time.

Top Bottom